Garry Cook - Doing A Great Job With Transfers!

Re: Garry Cooke - Doing A Great Job With Transfers!

freddie_hill said:
I do agree about the job Cook is doing. However I wonder if we'd all be of the same opinion if the club didn't have a pot to p*ss in!

I really hope the Terry deal comes off - it would shake football to the core.

If we didnt have a pisspot he wouldnt be here mate, he's a seriously respected and coveted bloke and I bet he earns player wages, which he fully earns if he keeps up the works he's doing. Thumbs up from me

Clearly Hughes is in charge of what players are brought in (the names signed so far show that). He'd sell his vision to the player from a managerial perspective but the negotiations and fine detail of the contract will be orchestrated by Cook/Marwood

Yeah Cook has come across much better of late and delivered. I wasn't impressed with the way he came out and slagged AC after losing out on Kaka but since then he's not put a foot wrong. Top man.

class job by cookie and all concerned at city, we just look like such a profesional club in everything we do, todays scenes from the fans going crazy to the cookie hug, IMO would make alot of players think "i wanna be there at city" today was a PR masterstroke. i think barry and RSC wanna know where there hugs are! no seriousley todays events i think has made alot of people think about city!

N-SummerbeeLifeSaver said:
I agree completely. It infuriates me how much bad publicity he gets, when that bald wanker Kenyon is considered an excellent Chief Exec. Cooke was involved in one of the biggest sporting makes the world has ever seen in Nike Air Jordan. That has to be respected.

Well done Cookie! This transfer strategy of strengthing ourselves whilst weakening everyone around us, is genius.

Carefull, you are not meant to make good sensible post's so early into your BM life.

*you will be monitored*

lol

just seen the hug again between GC and Carlos and the more times i have seen it the more i feel positively elated for our Garry.

i think this is a pivotal moment for GC and the hug, for me, proved that this was a huge hurdle in him landing his first top class / world class, superstar signing (robbie was more adug...).

made up for him and the hug looked so genuine on both parties behalf.

He is class. He has a brilliant business mind and a hell of a flair for PR. He got such a slagging back in the winter because of the Kaka thing but it only made him more determined and no longer intimidated by the tossers that pass for sports journalists
in this country. He is a clever bastard as well and he is God.

Yeah he was genuinely delighted to see Tevez arrive, just like all us fans.

He can sleep well tonight...if he turns his phone off.

Pam said:
He is class. He has a brilliant business mind and a hell of a flair for PR. He got such a slagging back in the winter because of the Kaka thing but it only made him more determined and no longer intimidated by the tossers that pass for sports journalists
in this country. He is a clever bastard as well and he is God.

Easy Tiger ...
He is doing a good job commercially, and has played a big part in bringing quality players to the club (with hopefully more to come), but ;
1. It was lottery time when Sheik Mansour bought us, Frank was running out of cash and ideas (Jo anyone ?)
2. For the project to succeed, we have to have on-pitch success, and that will be the true measure / catalyst for the whole thing

I do like the guy, and REALLY hope our 'project' comes to fruition, but right now it is a B+ for Cook after the first term. Potential is there, but continued hard work and application required to realise it ..

Tell The King said:
Garry Cooke is the man. seeing him hug Tevez as he came through the doors was comedy!
He's growing the club, and pulling off big signings. Can only be good things.

I saw that loved it, what a welcome, cooks lovin the job and our club, bet tevez was buzzing as well. looked great on the tv.
cann't wait for the 1st game of the season it going to be like the hamburg game surely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.