Garry Cook

blueparrot said:
mdj0520 said:
Spoke very highly of us

He always does, and should be spoken of very highly on here,we would probably not be where we are without him.

agreed, although 'probably' would be a huge understatement
if it wasn't for Gary cook selling his dream of city being the most successful club in European football to our current owners who knows where we would have ended up.

people laughed at him before the take over saying it would never happen
I think he will be back in football in the near future

chris8910 said:

He works for some Cage Fighting organisation now and, IMHO, he'll never work in football again because of the way he disgraced himself. A smarmy liar who thought he was one of the lads. Ferran Soriano couldn't be anymore professional in his conduct and things are now notably better.

TGR said:
james1910 said:
gary cook is on talksport this afterrnoon
should be fun to see what the monster as to say

Why on earth would anyone who is a true Blue call Garry Cook a 'monster' FFS?

I think you need to give your head a good wobble OP.

Cookie Monster - sugar puffs - calm down.

peoffrey said:
chris8910 said:

He works for some Cage Fighting organisation now and, IMHO, he'll never work in football again because of the way he disgraced himself. A smarmy liar who thought he was one of the lads. Ferran Soriano couldn't be anymore professional in his conduct and things are now notably better.

Easily the most uninformed and silly opinion I've read on here in years. "some cage fighting organisation"? He's one of the head people at of one of the fastest growing brands in the world at UFC.

He has Air Jordan brand, MCFC brand and now UFC brand credit. Any team in the world would beg to have him. Don't be surprised when he lands at NYCFC.

Thaksinssoldier said:
peoffrey said:

Easily the most uninformed and silly opinion I've read on here in years. "some cage fighting organisation"? He's one of the head people at of one of the fastest growing brands in the world at UFC.

He has Air Jordan brand, MCFC brand and now UFC brand credit. Any team in the world would beg to have him. Don't be surprised when he lands at NYCFC.

I've never read a more one sided and biased reply. There are people on this forum incapable of constructing a sentence, spelling or forming any kind of coherent exchange without swearing yet you single me out?

He completely disgraced himself at City and dragged the name of our great club through the mud. I think he's the only top Executive every Blue would have an opinion of because of his controversial tenure. If you listen to his interview with Ian Cheeseman then you'll hear a broken and humiliated man knowing he screwed up both his professional life and his personal life at our club. He was woefully out of his depth and employed by an absolute villain at the time in Thaksin Shinawatra. How on earth would he not have been savvy enough to take a wide berth from such a character?

Your rebuttal.

peoffrey said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
peoffrey said:

I've never read a more one sided and biased reply. There are people on this forum incapable of constructing a sentence, spelling or forming any kind of coherent exchange without swearing yet you single me out?

He completely disgraced himself at City and dragged the name of our great club through the mud. I think he's the only top Executive every Blue would have an opinion of because of his controversial tenure. If you listen to his interview with Ian Cheeseman then you'll hear a broken and humiliated man knowing he screwed up both his professional life and his personal life at our club. He was woefully out of his depth and employed by an absolute villain at the time in Thaksin Shinawatra. How on earth would he not have been savvy enough to take a wide berth from such a character?

Your rebuttal.

So you don't like him then?

peoffrey said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
peoffrey said:

Your rebuttal.

An obvious attempt at trolling here. My rebuttal? Any member of our squad signed on his watch. Our stadiums surrounding fan friendly venues. Every person who ever had 5 minutes with Garry. You are either ignorant to his work or plain ungrateful. The man worked his ass off to put us in a position to be successful and had the media gunning for him due to his insistence that we wouldn't accept scraps from the table of the so called big four.

Thaksinssoldier said:
peoffrey said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

Your rebuttal.

An obvious attempt at trolling here. My rebuttal? Any member of our squad signed on his watch. Our stadiums surrounding fan friendly venues. Every person who ever had 5 minutes with Garry. You are either ignorant to his work or plain ungrateful. The man worked his ass off to put us in a position to be successful and had the media gunning for him due to his insistence that we wouldn't accept scraps from the table of the so called big four.

Oh god, not the 'ungrateful' card. As though he is some kind of footballing Nelson Mandela.

If Cook was so good at his job he wouldn't have lost it in a cloud of shame and laughter.

For every good thing he did at the club, he made the club a figure of fun through his own deficiencies. And the insinuation that he is in any way responsible for our success is grossly ignorant as to what sheikh mansour's billion bought us.

Although the Shiekh's billions may not have landed and ended up at Everton or Newcastle had Cook not impressed them with his "vision" for City. Of course, he made many a mistake, which is why he's no longer here, but I always liked the bloke to be honest - not that it counts for much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.