Garry Cook

Managed to blag my way into a UFC mixer in Dublin tonight and got to have a chat with Garry.

I'll tell you something,he's as blue as the rest of us.

We all know mp's take the bullet now and again, go behind the scenes for a couple of years and come back in similar positions. I must admit I thought the same for GC, I've got nothing but admiration for the guy." HE " sold us to our present owners with his enthusiasm, and as he's still in the fold(so to speak) wouldn't be at all surprised and would welcome his return!

peoffrey said:
chris8910 said:
people laughed at him before the take over saying it would never happen
I think he will be back in football in the near future

He works for some Cage Fighting organisation now and, IMHO, he'll never work in football again because of the way he disgraced himself. A smarmy liar who thought he was one of the lads. Ferran Soriano couldn't be anymore professional in his conduct and things are now notably better.

smh...... haha! It's quite a big organisation....

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Hes a man who we can only thank for helping us to be where we are today.
We owe Gary big time, he really put City in the media spotlight and he was right about Kaka!

chris8910 said:
blueparrot said:
mdj0520 said:
Spoke very highly of us

He always does, and should be spoken of very highly on here,we would probably not be where we are without him.

agreed, although 'probably' would be a huge understatement
if it wasn't for Gary cook selling his dream of city being the most successful club in European football to our current owners who knows where we would have ended up.

This is, yet, another misleading assumption. How much do you actually know? I think, not a lot, but of the continuing myths that come out about the transaction.

In the months before the sale, it came out how Shinawatra was becoming disconcerted about how much it took to run the football club. He said it publicly in an interview. I knew then he was looking for a way out. When the Al Nayhan link became open knowledge, before any sale, Thaksin S suddenly found some money to make some purchases. Not rocket science to figure out who was behind that and the sale, with due diligence, was just a formality.

All this is put in to perspective as Shinawatra and the Al Nayhan family had previous links in his days of previous exile from Thailand. 'Frank' bought City to make an impression on his country, got found out that a club doesn't run itself, needed to sell before he got completely emptied. The Al Nayhan family were looking for European investment, so why not?

Cook had not as much to do with 'selling' City as you think. 'Frank' needed a super quick sale, Sheik Mansour needed/ wanted to invest.

We happened to tick all the right boxes anyway.

Yes they were looking to buy, but Cook sold us to them which considering the state we were in was no easy task.

Bigga said:
chris8910 said:
blueparrot said:
He always does, and should be spoken of very highly on here,we would probably not be where we are without him.

agreed, although 'probably' would be a huge understatement
if it wasn't for Gary cook selling his dream of city being the most successful club in European football to our current owners who knows where we would have ended up.

This is, yet, another misleading assumption. How much do you actually know? I think, not a lot, but of the continuing myths that come out about the transaction.

In the months before the sale, it came out how Shinawatra was becoming disconcerted about how much it took to run the football club. He said it publicly in an interview. I knew then he was looking for a way out. When the Al Nayhan link became open knowledge, before any sale, Thaksin S suddenly found some money to make some purchases. Not rocket science to figure out who was behind that and the sale, with due diligence, was just a formality.

All this is put in to perspective as Shinawatra and the Al Nayhan family had previous links in his days of previous exile from Thailand. 'Frank' bought City to make an impression on his country, got found out that a club doesn't run itself, needed to sell before he got completely emptied. The Al Nayhan family were looking for European investment, so why not?

Cook had not as much to do with 'selling' City as you think. 'Frank' needed a super quick sale, Sheik Mansour needed/ wanted to invest.

We happened to tick all the right boxes anyway.

Nonesense. Khaldoon himself said that it was Garry Cook's vision that sold City to them. They were much further down the line with buying Newcastle, who also 'ticked a lot of boxes.'

One of the keys to a being a good salesman is ticking boxes that your buyer didn't even consider before you pitch to them. The media exposure we could offer with having The Shite as cross town rivals, the expansion of the City brand in to other markets being just two decisive factors that formed part of Garry's pitch, and made us stand out over Newcastle and Everton.

Garry is a key figure in the history of Manchester City, whether people like him or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.