Garry Cooke, is he good enough??

Robbo. said:
Fucked up Ronaldiniho and now Kaka, Kaka wanted to sign but City wanted more time.

Cooke imo is making us look stupid twats.
here's the post from my thread which I made before I was aware of this one.
The Mods may want to amalgamate the threads

Right now Rags fans, everywhere, and their Meeja allies, who LUHV to see City paraded for all to see as English Football's perennial fuck-up, are enjoying the moment.
How could anybody fail to convince a footballer to join our club at treble his wages,....(or whatever the reported respective sums are).
And for the 'new' City: the City that was going to seriously challenge the establish order: the 'Big Four' that all but Martin O'Neill, and perhaps even David Moyes has accepted as being 'set in stone'

I don't care so much that Gary Cook has been beaten by an established, and, indeed, the wiliest of political operators, like Silvio Berlusconi.
A man, after all that has had more obituaries, political or otherwise, than Mark Twain.

But I do care about the undignified way he has reacted.

I'm not being wise after the event and its perhaps being unfair to Mr Cook because I suspect he didn't receive his education in the school of hard knocks but, rather, the carefully-calculated old school espoused by the deans of America's best MBA schools.
Which is perhaps why he proved such a success at Nike.

In situations like this, whenever the situation sounds too good to be true the first rule of 'politics' is to get yourself inside the mind of your 'opponent'
What is his motivations, knowing what you do of him.
What really is in it, for him!
Or perhaps Mr Cook didn't educate himself as to what makes Signor Berlusconi tick.

I recall seeing a few posters here mention that our pursuit of Kaka was initially being promoted on Berlusconi-linked websites.
Unfortunately the penny didn't drop with Mr Cook.

Gary Cook is probably a nice man,.....perhaps even a very nice man.
And maybe he'll learn from this.

But I just question whether he really is the right man for THIS job

have you seen his video on ssn? he has explained what happened with kaka, ronaldinho well, at the time we were not rich.... so you sell me the concept of mcfc, no trophies for donkeys or ac milan the world brand.

For me cook has had the shit end of the stick both times

Get rid of him he didn't bring Kaka to the club.
Likewise.....
After the Notts Forest game we should have got rid of Hughes.
Dunne should be put on the transfer list after Saturday's mistake.
Elano and Jo should be sold because they create unrest.
Richards needs to go as he's lacking confidence.
Johnson needs to go because he has mental health problems.
Ball, Garrido, Benjani, Evans, Hamann, Fernandes, Vassell and Caicedo aren't good enough either - get rid of them.

Christ - welcome to the new breed of football "fan"

Piper said:
Get rid of him he didn't bring Kaka to the club.
Likewise.....
After the Notts Forest game we should have got rid of Hughes.
Dunne should be put on the transfer list after Saturday's mistake.
Elano and Jo should be sold because they create unrest.
Richards needs to go as he's lacking confidence.
Johnson needs to go because he has mental health problems.
Ball, Garrido, Benjani, Evans, Hamann, Fernandes, Vassell and Caicedo aren't good enough either - get rid of them.

Christ - welcome to the new breed of football "fan"

lol.....nice1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.