Garth Crooks team of the week

jimharri said:
Another one of Crooks' classics. Didn't he say a while back that a Welsh player (can't remember which one; Bale?) should be called up for the next England squad? I really can't stand the pompous, pie eating twat.

James Morrison

Where is it written that pundits have to be ex-players?

I know several people in real life that would do a better job than Garth Crooks not that's saying a great deal, mind.

Of course ex-pros are important, but wouldn't it be refreshing to have someone from another background commenting on games too?

gordondaviesmoustache said:

I know several people in real life that would do a better job than Garth Crooks not that's saying a great deal, mind.

Of course ex-pros are important, but wouldn't it be refreshing to have someone from another background commenting on games too?

But then it all ends up a bit....FanZone.

quiet_riot said:

FanZone was a product of its design. That is to say it was constructed to pit fans against each other in a semi-confrontational environment, and on that basis, for me, it worked in small doses.

It cannot be beyond the wit of TV producers to introduce other people - I hesitate to say journalists - but respected bloggers maybe or possibly supporters who are knowledgeable about the wider game.

I mean yesterday we had Dwight Yorke and Ray Wilkins towing the united party line, like a pair of fucking one-eyed supporters, it may as well have been FanZone but with no opposition supporter!

I fail to see why ex-players have a monopoly on this. Of course playing the game gives you a certain insight, but so do other things.

I reckon it would be worth trying. Anything to break up the jobs for the boys situation that prevails which delivers, in the main, such a poor standard of punditry.

quiet_riot said:

''Take it, take it, take it''!

GazC said:
jimharri said:
Another one of Crooks' classics. Didn't he say a while back that a Welsh player (can't remember which one; Bale?) should be called up for the next England squad? I really can't stand the pompous, pie eating twat.

James Morrison
Cheers for that. Apart from the player's name, and his nationality, I was spot on!

And no; I'm not Garth Crooks!!

jimharri said:
GazC said:
jimharri said:

James Morrison
Cheers for that. Apart from the player's name, and his nationality, I was spot on!

And no; I'm not Garth Crooks!!

wasn't it a Villa midfielder who played for Scotland??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.