Garth Crooks' Team of the Week

"Just when you think Raheem Sterling can't get any better he comes up with the goals and a performance that says to Real Madrid and Barcelona 'come and get me'. Both former champions of the coveted European title are capable of prizing Sterling away, especially if City don't win the Champions League this season.

If City do win the Champions League, Sterling has an even bigger decision to make. This is no longer about money but glory. The England striker was unplayable against Brighton, demonstrated by a superbly taken hat-trick. With Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi's domination of the Ballon d'Or coming to an end Sterling can, providing he makes the right decision, replace them but he needs a Champions League under his belt. Then it's about trust: is it Pep Guardiola or Zinedine Zidane he trusts with the rest of his future?"

What an absolute bellend Crooks is. And what does he mean by "providing he makes the right decision"? Cvnt.
We mustn't forget how stellar a career Garth has had within management and coaching - all done from that oversize armchair he occupies all week.

Haaland is in this week but what caught my eye is that he's claiming Palmer is the best English talent since Glen Hoddle
'Cos when he thinks of Foden, and tries to mouth the two syllables the first one is sticking in his craw! And as for Hoddle - he was a delight to watch, like a lot of footballers, but how long and driven with success was his career. I don't recall it coming anywhere near the success that either David Silva or Kevin de Bruyne enjoyed and brought to the English game

Leaving Rodri out of the team of the season shows how little the fat slug actually knows about the game.

The only reason he is employed by the BBC is not for his football knowledge but for some other criteria.

Last edited:
Leaving Rodri out of the team of the season shows how little the fat slug actually knows about the game.

The only reason he is emloyed by the BBC is not for his football knowledge but for some other criteria.
1716219149460.png

Pickford - can't really argue, not watched much of Everton but his stats are good and no other outstanding GK this year. I'd put Saliba and Gabriel in, they're the best CB pairing in the league this year and Akanji (with Ake for me) is our most consistent defender. I don't see why VVD is there on this season's form. Rice is ok but in front of Rodri don't be silly. Saka out for Rodri though, his second half of the season was poor.

Pickford - can't really argue, not watched much of Everton but his stats are good and no other outstanding GK this year. I'd put Saliba and Gabriel in, they're the best CB pairing in the league this year and Akanji (with Ake for me) is our most consistent defender. I don't see why VVD is there on this season's form. Rice is ok but in front of Rodri don't be silly. Saka out for Rodri though, his second half of the season was poor.
Pandering to the Dipper's fans. He's been bang average this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.