Gary James' 'Boy's in Blue' Dancehouse - 9th June

Yeah! ... we have no history!
The previously unshown colour footage from Maine Rd was good but I couldn't help but chuckle at the fixed camera views at Hyde Rd. & early Maine Rd.
You got to see what happened in the camera's field of vision and nothing else! If play was up the end where the camera was ..Great! If not ..tough! haha.
The '56 final coverage was also great!
Well done Gary and the archive guy ..can't remember his name?

Yeah! ... we have no history!
The previously unshown colour footage from Maine Rd was good but I couldn't help but chuckle at the fixed camera views at Hyde Rd. & early Maine Rd.
You got to see what happened in the camera's field of vision and nothing else! If play was up the end where the camera was ..Great! If not ..tough! haha.
The '56 final coverage was also great!
Well done Gary and the archive guy ..can't remember his name?

It's Will McTaggart, another City season card holder.

Thanks to all for the comments. The audience reaction was superb last night and I know that Will & I appreciated the interest and support. The City officials, including Ferran, also seemed to enjoy it.

One of my favourite lines was Swales' response when asked if a Tommy Docherty was lined up for the manager's job: "I shouldn't think so!"

It's Will McTaggart, another City season card holder.

Thanks to all for the comments. The audience reaction was superb last night and I know that Will & I appreciated the interest and support. The City officials, including Ferran, also seemed to enjoy it.

One of my favourite lines was Swales' response when asked if a Tommy Docherty was lined up for the manager's job: "I shouldn't think so!"
Brilliant clips last night. I didn't really know what to expect before I arrived but I was very pleased after. The narration with the films was exactly what I'd hoped for. Great to see so many people attending to,brought an atmosphere of family inside the theatre.All Cheering and laughing and clapping. Made me feel even more part of the City family. Very moving. I brought missus with me. She was a bit MEH! About the idea. She was grinning from ear to ear watching the clips. She Especially enjoyed Swales's interviews. She didn't know who he was at all before the show. She certainly does now. I grew up supporting city at the time of the self proclaimed 'top man at the club' to see and hear his attitude and ego was very entertaining. Poor Tony book. Really enjoyed the evening. Thankyou.

thanks for all the comments. It was great to see so many there. Yes Ferran, Brian Marwood, Peter Barnes and several other key figures from present day City were in the audience watching. It was great that they came to see City's history, especially as all of it pre dated their involvement. It was also good that they Sat in the audience unannounced, feeling the heat like everyone else, and well simply enjoying it. I know people sometimes think football officials are remote but actually these guys showed they were keen to take a backseat and enjoy the evening like the rest of us. Swales would have got up on stage. I'd much prefer the modern professional approach.

thanks again to all who came. If you have photos from the night please either post them here or to my twitter. If like to create a folder on my Facebook. Thanks again

Gary - I would have loved to have seen this but I couldn't make it last night. Are there going to be other screenings? Cheers

What a brilliant night Gary. Your opening line of if this was Old Trafford we'd be saying there was 70,000 in attendance set the tone for a laughter-filled evening. Loved every minute of it.
You forget how bad Swales actually was. He reminds me of a cross between David Brent from the office and Alan Partridge. The scene of him sat in the Chairman's office beneath a picture of HIMSELF on the wall was pure gold!
Thanks for a brilliant night and for all the work you have done mate.
PS. My Mrs remembers you from your days working for the Halifax in Hyde. She told me to say 'hello' from Jo Gregson.

Great evening, glad to have met a childhood hero of mine,Peter Barnes.
Very well presented show by Gary James who looks a bit like Jack Dee.
Sorry Gary ;-)

Swales was quite clearly the inspiration for David Brent, an egotistical, megalomaniac with no business acumen whatsoever. I bet the current City key staff couldn't believe the P.J. Swales, scattergun approach...if it hadn't been so catastrophic, it would actually be hilarious!

A brilliant night, which brought back some great, and not so great, memories.

A great lesson, not that they need one, for Ferran and Co. on how not to run a football club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.