Gary James

Decc66 said:
Top guy is Gary, best guest we've had at North Bury Blues in my humble, could listen to him talk for hours.

Cheers - and I think I did rattle on for hours that night! Good branch you've got there. Thanks for comments.

On City's lowest point... I was stunned by that comment and immediately talked of Luton 83, York 98 and Alan Ball - hadn't planned to talk about any of that so it shows what my gut feel lows were. Luton was my first real taste of failure/real sadness with City (ignoring League Cup & FAC final defeats of course!)

Gary James said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
Listening at work, I enjoyed what he had to say, but they kind of cut him off there at the end. I wanted to hear more of his take. At least he was honest about how he felt last night, but yet, still did a good job looking at it realistically.

I had a lot more to say but was floored by the first question - is this the lowest point in City's history? I had to respond to that and the rest just sort of followed. I then ran out of time which was a real shame.
Baffling question, agreed. It's definitely a controversial time, but "lowest point in City's history?" Not even in the top 25 imo. In 1 year this could be one of the biggest and greatest decisions in our clubs history, who knows? But that question is cringe-worthy.

Sigh said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Graeme Souness said:
Is this the lowest point in City's history? Roughly translated for you. I'm a bell end that has been following football only since the formation of the Premier League and I have a memory like a goldfish. Are you pissed off?

The home defeats to Wycombe Wanderers, Bury and Stockport County were a tad worse methinks.

I'm afraid that Kevin Parker said the same to Skysports last night.

I cringed.

"This is the worst moment ever following City".

We are getting to Diana levels of hysteria now in some quarters.

Fair play to Gary.

Ah yes. Mr. Parker. Showed what he thought of city fans just before the munich memorial derby and events showed he doesn't know them at all.

I don't know him and don't want to assassinate him.

But his comments were embarrassing.

Didsbury Dave said:
Sigh said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I cringed.

Fair play to Gary.

Ah yes. Mr. Parker. Showed what he thought of city fans just before the munich memorial derby and events showed he doesn't know them at all.

I have to agree, had me wincing!!

Clearly it isn't the lowest point in the history of the Club.

The issue is that it is the low point of the Club's own actions. We should all be very concerned about the future Machiavellian antics of those in senior positions. If they can do this to Mancini and get away with it then many more Abramovich-style stunts will surely follow.

Gary James said:
Decc66 said:
Top guy is Gary, best guest we've had at North Bury Blues in my humble, could listen to him talk for hours.

Cheers - and I think I did rattle on for hours that night! Good branch you've got there. Thanks for comments.

On City's lowest point... I was stunned by that comment and immediately talked of Luton 83, York 98 and Alan Ball - hadn't planned to talk about any of that so it shows what my gut feel lows were. Luton was my first real taste of failure/real sadness with City (ignoring League Cup & FAC final defeats of course!)

That Luton game was horrid and a real shock: I never expected to see City relegated. Every relegation hurt but none quite so much as that one; although getting relegated at Stoke came close.<br /><br />-- Tue May 14, 2013 2:09 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
Sigh said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I cringed.

Fair play to Gary.

I nearly threw my iPad through the TV.

Didsbury Dave said:
Graeme Souness said:
Gary James said:
I had a lot more to say but was floored by the first question - is this the lowest point in City's history? I had to respond to that and the rest just sort of followed. I then ran out of time which was a real shame.

Is this the lowest point in City's history? Roughly translated for you. I'm a bell end that has been following football only since the formation of the Premier League and I have a memory like a goldfish. Are you pissed off?

The home defeats to Wycombe Wanderers, Bury and Stockport County were a tad worse methinks.

I cringed.

Fair play to Gary.
Oh dear.

OB1 said:
Gary James said:
Decc66 said:

That Luton game was horrid and a real shock: I never expected to see City relegated. Every relegation hurt but none quite so much as that one; although getting relegated at Stoke came close.

-- Tue May 14, 2013 2:09 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:
Sigh said:

I nearly threw my iPad through the TV.

I was only a kid when we were relegated against Luton so probably didn’t appreciate the enormity of it. In a strange way I was excited about the prospect of going to shitty little places like Boundary Park.
However the thing that stayed with me from that day was seeing grown men sobbing their eyes out on the Kippax and outside afterwards. To some it obviously was a major low point in their time watching City!

Gary !! no no no no no. Where were those ' a source at the club' ' we believe' ' many supporters think'....you're never going to get much airtime like that - you should talk to Max Cl...maybe not ! They didn't actually want the truth and common sense - not good listening !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.