Gas & Electricity

They must be, mine are different again, I've worked out it's about £50 a month difference off the projected costs but we didn't live in the house last winter as we had work being done and the winter before we had the heating on all the time as we had no insulation in the roof due to doing a loft conversion so it's really hard to gauge, I also now only use the gas boiler for showers and the kids baths rather than heating, they are hounding me to have a smart meter installed for gas but I keep fobbing them off as they wouldn't help me get the meters relocated last year when I needed them on another wall, sod em!
Your tariffs are the same as mine. Guess it must be geographical.

Wonder how Bulb are doing this. Your electricity was more than mine is going up to, but your gas is cheaper after the rises.

It‘s got to be a random number generator.

They’ve emailed me to say based on current usuage I can lower my payments by nearly £100 - found odd as surely it will be current price I’m paying once we use Gas a bit more and standard price increases

They’ve emailed me to say based on current usuage I can lower my payments by nearly £100 - found odd as surely it will be current price I’m paying once we use Gas a bit more and standard price increases
They told us we had to up ours by £7, despite having £650 credit with them.

We did have a 94 year old living with us last winter who isn’t, so suspect our bills will actually be lower this winter, perversely.

Announcement earlier that all businesses will also be capped and therefore aided by the taxpayer. I'm not sure how the public feel that the likes of Shell, BP and Amazon will now be subsidiised by the taxpayer to heat and light their corporate buildings. I know my view!!
It's a necessary evil. Otherwise a lot business would go bump and their employees will be out of work. The business I work for is a manufacturing business that uses a high amount of gas & electric in its manufacturing process. I was at a senior meeting a couple of weeks ago where the management openly discussed the very real and possible need to close the business due to the increased energy costs. The business employs over 350 people and is the largest employer in the town of its location. Without the price cap it would in all reality probably close. That would be 350 people out of work. Multiply that across the country and you have a very serious set of problems on your hands. I'm no Truss fan but sitting on your hands and doing nothing is not an option. People will always criticise, but in most cases the most vocal of them have zero alternative credible ideas. We are living in truly extraordinary times. There is no normal anymore. At least Truss seems to be giving it a go.

One thing I have learned over the last few years is that Octopus Energy are the absolute bees knees. If they were a football team they would be Man City.
Yes I agree, they are trying to abolish the standing charge. If everyone moved to octopus today all the other dick brain energy companies would be screwed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.