Gazza

jimharri

Just seen him on that new (?) Umbro ad. Christ; he looks badly shook. Absolutely fantastic player, but a fucking idiot off the pitch. I guess he had too many gobshites around him and he was too gullible.

That Gary Charles tackle effectively ruined his career
Apart from from the odd flash of brilliance (Scotland and Holland in Euro 96) he was never the same player
I also think that contributed to his mental issues in later life(as well as his "friends" outside of football)
He really could of become the best player in the world at that time

kippaxwarrior said:
That Gary Charles tackle effectively ruined his career
Apart from from the odd flash of brilliance (Scotland and Holland in Euro 96) he was never the same player
I also think that contributed to his mental issues in later life(as well as his "friends" outside of football)
He really could of become the best player in the world at that time

He was hyped up to fook the day Spurs played Forest in that FAC final, an accident waiting to happen. And it/he did.
Best player of his generation though, no doubt about that IMO.
He was sublime.

They do say it's a fine line between genius and insanity and I agree that tackle pretty much seen his chance at being a world great gone but my could that man play.

The goal against Scotland is one all time faves as I was in Scotland at the time in a room full of sweaties and I gave it them large(well I'm of decent but only the Manc bit matters! ;)

Didn't Taggart compare Gazza to Shrek, but he's kept him on the straight and narrow?

Gazza was a loveable rogue who wore his emotions on his sleeve. The truth was that the media built him up so much that he was bound to fail. They still make money off his stories, now.

We loved him for what he did, the media loved him for what he did for them. Shame, on those cunts!

i don't know if umbro think that putting a gaunt, quivering gazza in the new england shirt will make me want to buy it not, but it hasn't worked if so.

jimharri said:
Just seen him on that new (?) Umbro ad. Christ; he looks badly shook. Absolutely fantastic player, but a fucking idiot off the pitch. I guess he had too many gobshites around him and he was too gullible.

That's more than a bit hard on him.

He's been diagnosed with Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder and he was always going to suffer once his playing career came to an end.

That goal against Scotland will live very long in the memory though.

such a shame as as a player he was just fantastic!! will end up the shame as best unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.