Gazza

forevermancity said:
Best player the game has ever seen
Clarkie bait!

Footballer: very good player, but certainly overhyped.
Human being: wife being prick. No one, and absolutely no one can be forgiven for beating up their wife. (I'm sure he'll blame the drink, but I must admit that no matter how drunk I've gotten I have never beat the missus up).

Played against him when i was 15 in the County Cup semi final. 1st leg he did not play in as was playing for England and was a draw 1-1. 2nd leg he played and they beat us 4-1 and he scored all 4. I was told to man mark him and was left chasing shadows all day.

However, we still got the final as Dunston were disqualified. In the County cup at the time all players had to have attended school for at least 75% of the last year and Dunston were thrown out as Gazza's attendance had been less than 10%. So to this day i still tell everyone we beat Gazza's team to reach the final of the County Cup. Got beat in the final 8-0 by Sedgefield!!!

In some ways, I feel a bit sorry for the guy. The incident where the brother of his best friend that he was supposed to be looking after, was knocked down by a car, had a very powerful effect on him. He was even considering suicide at a young age. Of course thats no excuse for beating his wife and son, but I think the way the media portray him as some kind of laughable, mad as a hatter rogue, is very unkind. He becomes a clown to be laughed at, rather than a man with emotional and psychological issues. Real Radio were very wrong giving him airtime to do that Raoul Moat interview. They cared more about publicity and attention, than helping a vulnerable man with his demons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.