GB News | Dan Wootton facing “very serious” allegations in Byline Times exposé (p 228)

They're deliberately breaking the rules in order to weaken and undermine Ofcom. They are media disruptors.

Let's not forget that Johnson wanted Paul Dacre to become chair of Ofcom for the same reasons.

I think the strategy is more about institutional outrage fatigue. They are breaking the rules at every opportunity to normalise breaking the rules and so that “GB News breaks rules” stops being a newsworthy headline.

I think it’s more likely to result in much stricter ofcom rules, personally.

Especially now it’s essentially “Reform TV” with Tice, Farage and now Anderson all hosting shows.

Fast forward a year, there’ll be a massive Labour majority, every Tory right of Cameron is gone, they’ve got under 100 MPs - who’s going to oppose cracking down on this?

Last edited:
I think the strategy is more about institutional outrage fatigue. They are breaking the rules at every opportunity to normalise breaking the rules and so that “GB News breaks rules” stops being a newsworthy headline.

I think it’s more likely to result in much stricter ofcom rules, personally.

Especially now it’s essentially “Reform TV” with Tice, Farage and now Anderson all hosting shows.

Fast forward a year, there’ll be a massive Labour majority, every Tory right of Cameron is gone, they’ve got under 100 MPs - who’s going to oppose cracking down on this?

If you go on YT and have a look TTV and GBN each have @1m subscribers or less and their live output is watched by a couple of hundred at any one time. Later in the year TTV will be YT only - I just can't see its backers funding it for such little exposure. If the GE brings Reform no seats and 30p Lee gets handed its arse will they still want to pay Tice, Heartless-Brewer and the rest big salaries for output that is seen by next to no-one? Doubt it.

Just for a test just looked at Rate My Takeaway on YT. Fat lad from Leeds goes to a takeaway buys a pizza sets up a camping table and chair and eats. He has nearly as many subs as TTV and the review I just clicked on has over 500k views on. These R/W channels has served a purpose to have useful idiots parrot stupid shit to other useful idiots down their telly tube and once that purpose has been served it will be dropped. The rich backers don't remain rich by wasting money

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.