GB News

I’m a bit surprised by this: I suppose a sample of a 1000 people is quite small, is that normal for this type of thing?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ource=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-onward-journey

‘A survey of 1,000 people found that 29 per cent were more likely to watch GB News following the boycott, compared to 14 per cent who said they were less likely to tune in.

The findings suggest that the campaign designed to damage the new centre-right broadcaster may backfire. A series of firms, including Nivea, Kopparberg and Ikea, withdrew or suspended advertising campaigns on GB News following pressure by activist groups such as Stop Funding Hate and Led by Donkeys.

Brendan Clarke-Smith, the Conservative MP for Bassetlaw, said the poll showed that, despite social media storms over companies' decision to place advertisements on GB News, “the vast majority of normal people out there just want businesses to focus on selling them the right products at the right prices."

Led by Donkeys, which campaigned against Brexit, has funded billboard posters singling out companies such as Sainsbury's, Halfords and Kellogg's for advertising on the channel, and stating: "These companies pay for Nigel Farage to attack RNLI lifeboat crews on his TV show."

A poll by CT Group, commissioned by GB News, found that 57 per cent of people believe that consumer goods companies should not take public political stances - compared to 15 per cent who disagreed. More than one in three (36 per cent) of those surveyed say they would feel less favourable towards companies that cancel advertisements under "politically-motivated social media pressure". Just over a fifth (22 per cent) of respondents said they would think more favourably of such companies.

Mr Clarke-Smith said: “These findings show the risk businesses are taking when they allow their marketing strategies to be dictated by those engaged in cancel culture.

"As always, these online mobs create noise, which is given traction by the mainstream media, but the vast majority of normal people out there just want businesses to focus on selling them the right products at the right prices.

"If Sainsbury’s wants to pander to the mob, enter the political arena and bend to the will of politically motivated campaigns, people will start changing where they shop. I don’t want my supermarket to have political views - I want it to sell me good food at competitive prices."

Last week Sainsbury's denied Led By Donkeys' claims that it had withdrawn advertising from GB News as a result of pressure by activists - stating instead that its campaign had come to a "natural end".’

Well, if Brendan Clarke-Smith is affronted, it must be a good thing. He likened footballers taking the knee to the England team giving the Nazi salute in 1936 ...

Tory MP compares footballers 'taking the knee' to Nazi salutes - The Jewish Chronicle (thejc.com)

Brendan Clarke-Smith MP compares BLM to dictators and Nazi salutes | The National

I doubt many of them use Sainsburys anyway after their outrage over Sainsburys opening staff well being areas in stores a couple of years ago - they all claimed it had gone woke and are presumably shocked to see it still hasn't gone broke

Don't think your average Gbeebies viewer will have been happy about Sainsbury's celebrating/acknowledging black history month either.

I’m a bit surprised by this: I suppose a sample of a 1000 people is quite small, is that normal for this type of thing?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ource=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-onward-journey

‘A survey of 1,000 people found that 29 per cent were more likely to watch GB News following the boycott, compared to 14 per cent who said they were less likely to tune in.

The findings suggest that the campaign designed to damage the new centre-right broadcaster may backfire. A series of firms, including Nivea, Kopparberg and Ikea, withdrew or suspended advertising campaigns on GB News following pressure by activist groups such as Stop Funding Hate and Led by Donkeys.

Brendan Clarke-Smith, the Conservative MP for Bassetlaw, said the poll showed that, despite social media storms over companies' decision to place advertisements on GB News, “the vast majority of normal people out there just want businesses to focus on selling them the right products at the right prices."

Led by Donkeys, which campaigned against Brexit, has funded billboard posters singling out companies such as Sainsbury's, Halfords and Kellogg's for advertising on the channel, and stating: "These companies pay for Nigel Farage to attack RNLI lifeboat crews on his TV show."

A poll by CT Group, commissioned by GB News, found that 57 per cent of people believe that consumer goods companies should not take public political stances - compared to 15 per cent who disagreed. More than one in three (36 per cent) of those surveyed say they would feel less favourable towards companies that cancel advertisements under "politically-motivated social media pressure". Just over a fifth (22 per cent) of respondents said they would think more favourably of such companies.

Mr Clarke-Smith said: “These findings show the risk businesses are taking when they allow their marketing strategies to be dictated by those engaged in cancel culture.

"As always, these online mobs create noise, which is given traction by the mainstream media, but the vast majority of normal people out there just want businesses to focus on selling them the right products at the right prices.

"If Sainsbury’s wants to pander to the mob, enter the political arena and bend to the will of politically motivated campaigns, people will start changing where they shop. I don’t want my supermarket to have political views - I want it to sell me good food at competitive prices."

Last week Sainsbury's denied Led By Donkeys' claims that it had withdrawn advertising from GB News as a result of pressure by activists - stating instead that its campaign had come to a "natural end".’
The key line being - 'A poll by CT Group, commissioned by GB News'

The key line being - 'A poll by CT Group, commissioned by GB News'
Ah, CT group...

In 2019, an investigation by The Guardian revealed that to further the political objectives of its clients, C|T Group created ostensibly independent social media accounts behind adverts on Facebook to promote political ideas, such as promoting a hard Brexit which were in fact administered by employees of CTF Partners (a subsidiary).

Has Brillo pad fucked them off yet?

To be honest I forgot this channel still existed until I saw Fuhrage spouting his fear and hate about refugees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.