GB News

Why would it be gone?

There's a large target audience of elderly angry uneducated people who yearn for an imaginary past and like people to agree with them that the "woke" and "PC brigade" are ruining the country.

GBN are catering for that demographic group by feeding their prejudices and providing a schedule where they can rage watch about things that prove to them that the world's gone mad just like they tell everyone down the pub.

There will always be a receptive audience for that type of shit as proven by Fox News in the US and Sky in Oz.
Oh Ok, so all the predictions about it tanking have gone exactly the same way as all the others from this merry crew?
And, like clockwork, it’s back to just hating and foot stamping as per usual.
Hey-ho, carry on chaps.

Oh Ok, so all the predictions about it tanking have gone exactly the same way as all the others from this merry crew?
And, like clockwork, it’s back to just hating and foot stamping as per usual.
Hey-ho, carry on chaps.
I’ve not predicted its demise. My hope was that it stays on air and its backers carry on pumping money in to try and get the ratings above Pobol y Cym.
I think you’re mistaking laughing for foot stamping btw.

I’ve not predicted its demise. My hope was that it stays on air and its backers carry on pumping money in to try and get the ratings above Pobol y Cym.
I think you’re mistaking laughing for foot stamping btw.
Oh, did you not?
It seems nobody else has either, as all of a sudden nobody is willing to bet on it, all memory has been erased, very strange.
Lol.

What is shameful is how blinkered, authoritarian and misogynistic the left can be.....

Actor Simon Callow attacks Stonewall, the LGBTQ+ group, over trans self-identification​

1c5cf96a20330d1fe38915b1ce7a412b13e029e5.jpg

Simon Callow said that an ‘extraordinarily unproductive militancy’ surrounded Stonewall’s position

Simon Callow, the actor and veteran gay rights campaigner, has condemned the “strange turn to the tyrannical” taken by Stonewall on self-identification for transgender people.

Callow, who was involved in the anti-government protests that led to the foundation of Stonewall in 1989, said an “extraordinarily unproductive militancy” now surrounded its position. This uncompromising mood risked infringing women’s rights and could put pressure on young gay people to transition, he said, and it was a sign of the times that he felt nervous about the reaction he would stir up, simply for expressing his views.

“I shouldn’t have to fear in that way,” he said. “This is just tyranny and that’s what we’ve fought against all our lives, people saying, ‘this cannot be discussed’. Yes, it can be discussed. Everything can be discussed. I’ve always been perfectly prepared to discuss homosexuality with anyone on reasonable terms. I can form a conclusion about a person’s attitudes but I don’t for one second think they shouldn’t have them.”

Callow, 72, who is best known for his role as Gareth in the 1994 film Four Weddings and a Funeral, is in Edinburgh with a show about being an actor. His stage and screen career began in the city in 1973 and he has frequently returned with international festival and fringe productions.

In 1988, he was one of the most outspoken critics of Section 28 of Margaret Thatcher’s Local Government Act, which threatened regional theatres with prosecution if they staged plays that “promoted homosexuality”.

The next year Stonewall formed around a group including Simon Fanshawe, who quit the charity after 30 years, attacking its “intransigence” over self identification. This position, Fanshawe said, would mean that anyone “who self-IDs as the opposite sex could no longer be prevented from entering a woman-only space such as a refuge, changing room or dormitory”.

Callow agreed with Fanshawe. He went on: “They have taken a very strange turn towards the tyrannical, a dangerously prescriptive position on a complex issue. When it impinges on women’s rights, hard-won women’s rights, the right to exclusive spaces for women, away from any threat at all — I think that’s a very serious issue.

“The whole issue of when children can be deemed to know whether it’s time for them to transition, if they’re going to transition [is complex]. Obviously we know there are a number of cases of people who have regretted it deeply. The most dangerous thing is that it may well be that they are just gay and they’re being somehow lured into thinking that they are obviously in the wrong gender, which is not the case. It has created oppositions which should not be there at all.”

Stonewall has been accused of using a workplace equality scheme to “coerce” publicly funded organisations and companies to lobby for changes to the law. In June, The Times showed how the charity used its Top 100 Employers list to reward public sector organisations if they brought their policies in line with Stonewall’s agenda, including its contentious view on gender identity, but it dropped those that did not.

Stonewall said: ”We are working towards a world in which all lesbian, gay, bi, trans and queer people are able to thrive as themselves. We’re very proud of our work towards trans equality, as well as our work for all lesbian, gay, bi and queer people. From LGBTQ+ inclusive education to equity in healthcare, our work helps all LGBTQ+ people.”

From the last crime survey

The vast majority of sexual offences do not get solved. In fact, most sexual offences do not even get reported to the police.
The Crime Survey for England and Wales shows 151,000 people - including 144,000 women - were victims of rape or attempted rape in the last year for which these figures are available.
But just 59,000 rapes were actually reported to the police last year.
In the same year, just 1,439 people were actually convicted. This was the lowest number since figures started being released in 2014-15.’ @
BBC

To be honest, the threat to women of ‘gender self identification’ would seem to be low on the list of things to worry about. Trans people exist, always have done and if Gareth wants to self identify as Gwen, then who gives a fuck?

From the last crime survey

The vast majority of sexual offences do not get solved. In fact, most sexual offences do not even get reported to the police.
The Crime Survey for England and Wales shows 151,000 people - including 144,000 women - were victims of rape or attempted rape in the last year for which these figures are available.
But just 59,000 rapes were actually reported to the police last year.
In the same year, just 1,439 people were actually convicted. This was the lowest number since figures started being released in 2014-15.’ @
BBC

To be honest, the threat to women of ‘gender self identification’ would seem to be low on the list of things to worry about. Trans people exist, always have done and if Gareth wants to self identify as Gwen, then who gives a fuck?

These women did.

bt3ragfqwmqnf8at_1628154210.jpeg

the journalist asked, “There was a historic night here with Laurel Hubbard competing as the first openly transgender in an individual event”. "I was wondering what you felt about that and what you felt that it took place in your sport,” he added.

Following nine seconds of awkward silence, US’ Robles then simply said, “No thank you”.

Last edited:
These women did.

bt3ragfqwmqnf8at_1628154210.jpeg

the journalist asked, “There was a historic night here with Laurel Hubbard competing as the first openly transgender in an individual event”. "I was wondering what you felt about that and what you felt that it took place in your sport,” he added.

Following nine seconds of awkward silence, US’ Robles then simply said, “No thank you”.

If you put the Mormon and the New Zealander side by side, I think most people would have a hard time picking out "the woman".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.