GB News

What you might have missed is my sarcasm when responding to the lunatic that used to find Cleese funny years back and therefore will give him a watch as a result.

Cleese has been as funny as Henry for a good while now.

Did you see Hold the Sunset? Written by and starring John Cleese - 2 seasons in 2018 and 2019 and was dropped. It wasn't funny and reviewers called it "clunky" "dated" and "embarrassing". That was a BBC series - since then oddly enough he claims to have been cancelled by the Beeb - maybe he can't cope with the fact that comedy has moved on since Flowery Twats

Did you see Hold the Sunset? Written by and starring John Cleese - 2 seasons in 2018 and 2019 and was dropped. It wasn't funny and reviewers called it "clunky" "dated" and "embarrassing". That was a BBC series - since then oddly enough he claims to have been cancelled by the Beeb - maybe he can't cope with the fact that comedy has moved on since Flowery Twats
I didn’t and probably won’t bother now after hearing the review!

You've got to be mentally sharp to keep up with comedy and satire. It’s no coincidence that not many comics do big tours after they’re 50.

You've got to be mentally sharp to keep up with comedy and satire. It’s no coincidence that not many comics do big tours after they’re 50.

The fact you and millions didn't says it all - I lasted one and a half shows..... it was like Spike Milligan in Curry and Chips - making gags that were just past their sell by date.

I would guess that having 3 divorces to pay for means you are desperate to keep earning into your 80's - wouldn't mind betting Peter Kay who has been off the circuit for a while has a bank balance not dissimilar to Cleese who probably had to sign over a lot of royalty earnings to ex's

The fact you and millions didn't says it all - I lasted one and a half shows..... it was like Spike Milligan in Curry and Chips - making gags that were just past their sell by date.

I would guess that having 3 divorces to pay for means you are desperate to keep earning into your 80's - wouldn't mind betting Peter Kay who has been off the circuit for a while has a bank balance not dissimilar to Cleese who probably had to sign over a lot of royalty earnings to ex's
Then, when your comedy misses the mark, you need to say more and more outlandish things to stay in the spotlight.

If Kay ever writes an autobiography, I bet it would be a superb read. He’s very good at going to ground.

GB following the same cat-nip for cunts formula as ever. I actually quite enjoy the element of schadenfreude seeing folk like Cleese, Greer, and even good old mozza who were regarded as progressive/ liberals 30 or more years ago fall foul of the moral guardians of cyberspace and find themselves darlings of the mail readers.

It's the same as most art. The only difference is that unlike musicians, comedians can't generally get away with making shitloads of money touring material for 30 or 40 years ago, so they have to stay good at writing.

It's the same as most art. The only difference is that unlike musicians, comedians can't generally get away with making shitloads of money touring material for 30 or 40 years ago, so they have to stay good at writing.

very true

hears a song for the umpteenth time - " oh I love this track"
Hears a joke for the umpteenth time - nothing - heard it - got the gag years ago now not listening

Good points about comedy vs 'the arts'.
Plenty of film makers/musician/artists developing their craft as they get older.
And also not everyone who ages falls into noncey Mail grumpiness about everything new etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.