General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you think that people voting Tory are selfish.

You don't have the political empathy to see another view point. You see Tory = Selfish.

You don't see that there are plenty of reasons for people to vote a certain way. They may wish keep atleast half their income and think the rates they pay are already too high. They may wish to pass on their hard earned assets to their kids. They may wish to exit an increasingly federalised Europe. They may dislike the politics of envy (maximum wage threshold etc). They may believe in sustaining a working nuclear deterrent. They may believe that a strong FS sector is helpful to the UK and increasing if introducing new taxes on it will harm us. They may wish for a government that improves the economy (which is good for everyone) rather than a party (Labour) which has left the economy in a worst state than the one it inherited every single time they came to power. They may simply dislike the class politics and comments such as "Id burn in hell for voting Tory so I'll vote Labour".

I'm eating my lunch so typing with hand but the point is that there are a large variety of reasons people may vote one way or another.

I'd understand your view if the Tories were looking to cut tax on high earners to 25% or end investment into education or the NHS but that's not the truth is it.

everyone does keep half their income and not one of the big three parties has plans to change that so doesnt seem a significant reason for choosing Tory. You have to go back 40 years for one of parties to have proposed or implimented a tax rate that took more than half anyones pay. However if you lived through that I can see it would have stayed with you.

The rest of your points I can see, except that the rhetoric and actions of the Tory party in power over my lifetime indicates that the underlying ethos of the Tories is selfishness. Therefore I find it hard to empathise with people who want to achieve those (in most cases) very reasonable aims by voting Tory and therefore their selfishness, without coming to the conclusion that they are also to some degree selfish.

as for your last point we as a nation are spending more on health and education, but not when you factor in the inflation i healthcare (higher than general inflation) and the number of people who need healthcare and education. You may argue that we as a nation cant afford it because we shouldnt be taxed more to fund it. I would say thats selfish and we really should.

here's the deal.

either you moderate your language or I will.

deal?

I already have fella
I will leave the C bomb in my head
but not the selfish.

personally I would find being called a c word less offensive than being called selfish

Blaming the housing shortage on the 80's government is about as valid as blaming it on the Blitz.

Correct me if I'm wrong but between then and now we had the longest continuous serving Labour government. What the fuck were they doing about housing? Oh yeah, they were openly encouraging mass immigration of untrained labour from all corners of the EU/Globe. Enticing them with huge welfare pots in order to increase their own political support.

I dont know how to reply to that without typing a hundred pages of text.
However I will say that Labour has to take some of the blame for the current mess, although your analysis is so far off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.