General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I responded to a post like this, I got banned, so I will have to choose my words more carefully. I questioned whether the previous poster was dense, and I am sure you are not.

You must surely realise that if you have a deficit, then your debt rises every year?

10 in debt + 5 more = 15
15 + 3 more = 18
18 + 2 more = 20

The debt is rising because of the deficit. You do understand this, don't you? And therefore by definition, when a government comes into power and inherits a high deficit, then the debt increases every year. This is because of the deficit.

Which government caused the deficit? The Labour one. It was £170bn when the Tories took over. Which government is therefore responsible for the rising debt? The Labour one.

I genuinely don't know if some people just fail to understand this, or whether they seek to deceive others.

That's the best idiots guide I've seen. As you say, I'm not sure whether they're being duplicitous or simply don't understand but I'm sick of hearing these Corbynistas trot out the accusation that the Tories have made the debt worse but in the same breath accuse the Tories of cuts and austerity. You really couldnt make this sh*t up.

The debt is worse because they were left an horrific deficit by the last Labour government. To fix this they would need to go EVEN FURTHER with cuts and austerity!!

That's the best idiots guide I've seen. As you say, I'm not sure whether they're being duplicitous or simply don't understand but I'm sick of hearing these Corbynistas trot out the accusation that the Tories have made the debt worse but in the same breath accuse the Tories of cuts and austerity. You really couldnt make this sh*t up.

The debt is worse because they were left an horrific deficit by the last Labour government. To fix this they would need to go EVEN FURTHER with cuts and austerity!!

Former Labour chief secretary to the Treasury, Liam Byrne's note for his successor "there's no money left"

Or as Blackadder put it, ""Seen it, pinched it, spent it. And the same goes for the two farthings Baldrick thinks he's got hidden inside that mouldy potato."

That isn't particularly what i thought, just frustrating in this thread to see between the bull and actual information to try and help make an informed decision on who to vote for.
The Tories think that the deficit can be reduced with average growth and some cuts.

Labour believe it can be reduced with greater public spending (and front loaded borrowing) to spur the economy and by increased tax rates on business and those earning over £80k.

Last time I responded to a post like this, I got banned, so I will have to choose my words more carefully. I questioned whether the previous poster was dense, and I am sure you are not.

You must surely realise that if you have a deficit, then your debt rises every year?

10 in debt + 5 more = 15
15 + 3 more = 18
18 + 2 more = 20

The debt is rising because of the deficit. You do understand this, don't you? And therefore by definition, when a government comes into power and inherits a high deficit, then the debt increases every year. This is because of the deficit.

Which government caused the deficit? The Labour one. It was £170bn when the Tories took over. Which government is therefore responsible for the rising debt? The Labour one.

I genuinely don't know if some people just fail to understand this, or whether they seek to deceive others.

How can that figure be true if this Government has increased debt more than any labour gov ever?

Also, it's not a good idea to call people dense on here as you just come across as a bit of a tosser.

Call politicians it all day, counts even, showing why you think that, but to get personal seems to be a right wing tool used all the way down to football forums.

You're better than that, I enjoy your posts even though I disagree keep it to the points raised and try and slaughter them.

Have a good day.

The Tories think that the deficit can be reduced with average growth and some cuts.

Labour believe it can be reduced with greater public spending (and front loaded borrowing) to spur the economy and by increased tax rates on business and those earning over £80k.

Are you putting words in their mouths there mate? I don't disagree with you analysis of Labour philosophy generally, which is of course as you suggest. But I've seen little from this Labour leadership about deficit reduction. I think all of their tax-raising plans are with the aim of spending every penny on public services and nationalisations based on ideological grounds.

Traditionally, Labour's idea of public spending to try to fuel growth, would be on infrastructure projects, for which an argument can be made. But this Labour team don't seem to give a shit about infrastructure, it's just about paying people more. Taking tax off one lot of people and giving it to another lot of people. And of course wasting 2/3rds of it in between.

EDIT, I was having a brain fart and thinking Labour were considering scrapping HS2, which is not the case. So there is some infrastructure investment in their plans.

Last edited:
How can that figure be true if this Government has increased debt more than any labour gov ever?

Also, it's not a good idea to call people dense on here as you just come across as a bit of a tosser.

Call politicians it all day, counts even, showing why you think that, but to get personal seems to be a right wing tool used all the way down to football forums.

You're better than that, I enjoy your posts even though I disagree keep it to the points raised and try and slaughter them.

Have a good day.

I specifically did not call you dense mate. As I said, I alluded to a previous poster being dense or wumming, for which I was banned. I apologise if you thought I was calling you dense; sincerely I was not.

Last edited:

Have a good day.

meter08.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.