General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tories will win by 100+ seats, then they will carry on sorting the country out, just like they always do, a labour government would be an utter disaster for this country...
Unfunded empty promises which can only be delivered by bankrupting the country.. Dianne Abbot as home secretary should be enough to prevent even the most rabid laborite putting a cross in their box, let alone the mealy mouthed Corbyn being the PM....

Are you forgetting the Tories have racked up more debt that any labour gov ever?

You are aware of that I hope?

They are a disaster.

Last time I responded to a post like this, I got banned, so I will have to choose my words more carefully. I questioned whether the previous poster was dense, and I am sure you are not.

You must surely realise that if you have a deficit, then your debt rises every year?

10 in debt + 5 more = 15
15 + 3 more = 18
18 + 2 more = 20

The debt is rising because of the deficit. You do understand this, don't you? And therefore by definition, when a government comes into power and inherits a high deficit, then the debt increases every year. This is because of the deficit.

Which government caused the deficit? The Labour one. It was £170bn when the Tories took over. Which government is therefore responsible for the rising debt? The Labour one.

I genuinely don't know if some people just fail to understand this, or whether they seek to deceive others.

Last edited:
Labour will try to tax the rich. The rich will move or avoid the tax (as paying to do so will be cheaper than their new tax rate) and we'll end up taking less in tax from them. Because we're now bring in less tax (despite the higher rates - fancy that?!), they'll have to increase the taxes on the next most rich, and so on and so on, until the people they're hitting with increases have no means to not pay it.

You are bang on.

The last VAT tax rise was by the coalition government because it was necessary. This was at a time when corporation tax was where Labour plan to take it back up to AND the 50p rate was in place. How they can rule out tax rises for everyone whilst going on this spending spree when just 6 years ago we could not even afford to stop VAT going up. It is inevitable they will not raise the money because it we weren't raising enough money half a decade ago we won't now either.

I watched Question Time last night and Barry Gardiner said they have costed to raise £45bn, Mcdonnell last week said they will need £250bn over the lifetime of the Parliament. It is utter madness to think in that time the tax income will balance spending. This is also forgetting completely about any potential after effects of Brexit.

And what about the deficit as well which still stands at tens of billions in the minus, they have said nothing how they plan to bring it down, total lunacy.

Last time I responded to a post like this, I got banned, so I will have to choose my words more carefully. I questioned whether the previous poster was dense, and I am sure you are not.

You must surely realise that if you have a deficit, then your debt rises every year?

10 in debt + 5 more = 15
15 + 3 more = 18
18 + 2 more = 20

The debt is rising because of the deficit. You do understand this, don't you? And therefore by definition, when a government comes into power and inherits a high deficit, then the debt increases every year. This is because of the deficit.

Which government caused the deficit? The Labour one. It was £170bn when the Tories took over. Which government is therefore responsible for the rising debt? The Labour one.

I genuinely don't know if some people just fail to understand this, or whether they seek to deceive others.

OK, but what are your feelings on the Tories' assertion that they would reduce it last time around?

OK, but what are your feelings on the Tories' assertion that they would reduce it last time around?

The deficit is not reducing no but the rate at which we add to it is reducing under the Tories. At some point that rate will = 0 and the deficit total will begin to reduce.

Labour have no plans to address it because it is inevitable they will add to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.