General Predictions - 2023/24

Arsenal - funny feeling they will dip out the top 4. Spent a lot of money but like jesus and zinch, its just on players who arent quite top tier , and i include rice in that
Buying players that aren't quite top tier and turning them into top tier is exactly what we do (Haaland the exception). Whether Arteta is as capable of that as Pep only time will tell. I can't see them dipping out of the top 4 though, they were a very good team last year, and haven't lost any significant players out of that team, only strengthened.

And Gaurdiola would have taken his ideas from Barcelona. Your not the original owners of possession based football.

I can promise you its all been done before by other clubs and countries.
Of course not, he learnt most from Cruyff, but Guardiola is the one that brought the style to the Premier League, and it is the Guardiola model that many English clubs are now trying to emulate, right down the divisions and into amateur football. And of course Arteta learnt it, from a coaching point of view, from Guardiola, at City.

City - cant see anyone else but us winning it. I predict a slow, quiet start but as always when it matters we will power through

Arsenal - funny feeling they will dip out the top 4. Spent a lot of money but like jesus and zinch, its just on players who arent quite top tier , and i include rice in that

United - will flatter to deceive , be decidedly average. Fans will get giddy by feb but theyll fade away whilst still getting top 4 because thats what the prem wants

Newcastle - i dont buy the theory that the extra euro games will affect. I think howe is a decent manager . Top 4

Liverpool- cant see them having another bad season. Much as i hate the cult leader klopp, he gets a team going

Chelsea - they MUST improve. They have to get better after last years shit show

Spurs - eerrrrrr dunno. 8th?

So ..

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. United
4. Newcastle
5. Arse
6. Chelsea
Not sure about Arsenal dropping out of the Top 4. But I can see them struggling to finish in the top two. It's highly unlikely that they'll replicate the start they had last season (50 pts from their opening 19 games).

Buying players that aren't quite top tier and turning them into top tier is exactly what we do (Haaland the exception). Whether Arteta is as capable of that as Pep only time will tell. I can't see them dipping out of the top 4 though, they were a very good team last year, and haven't lost any significant players out of that team, only strengthened.
I can see them dropping out. So near, yet so far, 2nd season running and teams around them have strengthened. Mentally weak and that doesn’t change until you start getting over the line. Can see them 5th or 6th this coming season.
I would also add, I can see us having a real challenge this season too. Hope I’m wrong but I think we’ll only win it by a couple of points this time.
Oh how times have changed. #40points

Most peoples analysis of football is dealt in cliche's.

Apparently Chelsea will improve by virtue of their fixture schedule not having any European fixtures on it.

Guess my indoor football team is bound for improvement as were not playing in Europe too.

I think City will start really slow but we’ll pick up form. United need a huge transfer window in order to compete at the top. Onana and Mount won’t make a huge difference. Only a signing like Harry Kane would make them a threat imo.

Liverpool will improve they ended the season strongly. I agree with others finish above them and we will win the league.

I don’t fear Arsenal. Some good signings but you can’t buy a set of bollocks. Two seasons in a row they’ve dropped their arse on the target they set.

As for the rest it’s kinda meh who cares they’ll be below us anyway.

Think City, Liverpool and Chelsea will be in the top 5.

Rags, arsenal, Newcastle, spurs and villa to battle for the last 2 champions league places.

BTW - notice how they added in an extra champions league place now that the rags and dippers might not get in the top 4.
Yep. Funny that Newcastle have improved now, so it’s still jeopardy for 2 of the “big clubs” anyway, even after that change ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.