General transfer rumours

He is only 23 i think,not sure he would have meant just yet,i hope playing for pep with his mates will keep him here

I agree it may seem early, but if he signs an extension it will keep him here until he is at least 28, if not 29 (being that he'll be 24 next season). Then there's only one real chance to move to a foreign big club, and no telling how those teams will be at his position in 5 years. I don't want us to sell Sterling, but if he feels he wants a different challenge and we get a good fee out of it, then so be it.

I agree it may seem early, but if he signs an extension it will keep him here until he is at least 28, if not 29 (being that he'll be 24 next season). Then there's only one real chance to move to a foreign big club, and no telling how those teams will be at his position in 5 years. I don't want us to sell Sterling, but if he feels he wants a different challenge and we get a good fee out of it, then so be it.
Yep if he won't sign a new deal we won't have any other option,he'll have to go abroad as we won't sell him to anyone in the prem i'm sure,he seems very happy here,he has to back himself to try and get a better deal

If Sterling moved on there are only a handful of clubs that will pay him more than 170k a week, can anyone really see one of those clubs willing to pay his transfer fee and wages based on W/C and 1 good season playing alongside some of the best attackers around.

I don't, I actually believe if his finishing doesn't improve, Mahrez will force him out of the team on the right. Hope I'm wrong and he becomes a world beater this season and earns the sort of wages he's asking for.

no one will pay him more than 170k a week, he has only had 1 good season at city, no chance he deserves 250k a week

if he likes the cash, he can go to china, thats the only place he will get those wages and more.

no one will pay him more than 170k a week, he has only had 1 good season at city, no chance he deserves 250k a week

if he likes the cash, he can go to china, thats the only place he will get those wages and more.
He's either had 2 good seasons and 1 spectacular one at City, or you read too much of the Sun and Mail and he's sat on the bench for 2 seasons and been dead lucky in the other. He's asking to be paid what he feels he's owed and in a game where Pogba gets 300k+ a week he isn't asking for anything ludicrous. If we sell him next year with a year on his contract we'll probably end up paying double the transfer fee and at least the wages he's looking for to replace him, so we should at least try to work out a compromise, rather than throwing our toys out of the pram.

United would
Chelsea would

United would
Chelsea would
not convinced chelsea would, they don't really pay that large salaries anymore. Think they have the 3rd highest wage bill in the PL. United would out of desperation but one Sterling will not make them world class team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.