General transfer rumours

So The Telegraph is saying we're not going for anyone else.

Think not bringing in a DM will be a mistake. Over 4 competitions we'll be stretched.

Fern is 33 and we'll be asking him to play the majority of games. I don't rate Gundogan to do his job.

Transfer News Live‏ @DeadlineDayLive 2m2 minutes ago
DEAL DONE: Liverpool have signed Alisson Becker from Roma for £67m on a long-term contract. (Source: @LFC)

Dify8DkX4AIS6f8.jpg

0 replies6 retweets13 likes

Goes to show what a good deal Ederson was

Exactly. People like to hate on City saying we ruined the market. Other than our defenders, who I will admit are mostly all expensive (but completely worth it), we've signed players for great fees compared to what they would cost today. Sure, Ederson was the most expensive keeper in GBP before this, but now Allison has gone for nearly double.

I won't include the likes of Aguero and Silva because while those fees don't seem bad at all now, they were fairly high then. Obviously Vinny was a great price even then.

Jesus - £27m
Sane - £37m
Sterling - £44m
Bernardo - £43m
De Bruyne - £55m (bit higher, but for a top five player in the world he was a bargain)
Gundogan - £21m
Fernandinho - £30m
Delph - £8m

You could definitely argue that Otamendi would cost a lot more today if he was still 27 like he was when he moved here. I know we spend a lot, but I'd much rather take the approach we have where we buy many players as opposed to splashing a ton of cash on one a la Pogba, Neymar, etc.

We aren't a selling club whatsoever, but I would say today every player on that list would go for double what we paid if not more.

So The Telegraph is saying we're not going for anyone else.

Think not bringing in a DM will be a mistake. Over 4 competitions we'll be stretched.

Fern is 33 and we'll be asking him to play the majority of games. I don't rate Gundogan to do his job.

Pep doesn't share you view on Gundo so don't lose any sleep as he knows what he's doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.