General transfer rumours

Difference is that Liverpool loses their Sane's (Sterling), Agüero's (Suarez) and their KDB's (Coutinho).

That's £300m that Liverpool didn't want to spend at all. They want to keep their players and keep their squad. It means that you have to start all over again.

Net spend is a better measure to judge by, if you are in to metrics.
Nett spend includes sales of kids that were never part of the senior squad. It doesn't factor in the quality of the squad beforehand, age profile, wages, free transfers.

It's rubbish as a metric.

TheSportsman Transfers‏ @TSMTransfers 13m13 minutes ago
1f4b0.png
After agreeing a £50M deal for Richarlison, Everton have now been linked with a £22M for Barcelona's Lucas Digne Doing bits this summer
giphy.webp

Ridiculous. I hope not, he isn't young and while he is a good player he isn't exactly what I'd call a marquee signing. Clubs see us coming from a mile away and they have a price for when city is interested and price for when anyone else is interested.

Reminds me of those guys that sell umbrellas to tourists in NYC. They buy up $3 umbrellas and wait till it starts raining. Then they wheel the umbrellas out and start hawking them for $20 a pop to the desperate, wet tourists.

Ridiculous. I hope not, he isn't young and while he is a good player he isn't exactly what I'd call a marquee signing. Clubs see us coming from a mile away and they have a price for when city is interested and price for when anyone else is interested.

Reminds me of those guys that sell umbrellas to tourists in NYC. They buy up $3 umbrellas and wait till it starts raining. Then they wheel the umbrellas out and start hawking them for $20 a pop to the desperate, wet tourists.
Odd that because I’m sure we’ve spent the last few summers not overpaying and getting people like you moaning about it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.