General transfer rumours

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 44m44 minutes ago
Official: Manchester City have confirmed the signing of France under-18 captain Claudio Gomes (18), previously of Paris Saint-Germain.

Di-DkLhWsAMS8v4.jpg

12 replies105 retweets595 likes

Thiago would be very suitable as pivot in Peps system. He is a more effective tackler than Jorginho and his passing is up there with the best. Only concern is his short stature and his poor injury record. Fern wins a lot of defensive headers despite not being especially tall. Jorginho is certainly no beast in the air either and wouldn't have been able to do that rolee as effectively as Fernandinho does either.

Last edited:
Thiago would be very suitable as pivot in Peps system. He is a more effective tackler than Jorginho and his passing is up there with the best. Only concern is his short stature and his poor injury record. Fern wins a lot of defensive headers despite not being especially tall. Jorginho is certainly no beast in the air either and wouldn't have been able to do that rolee as effectively as Fernandinho does either.

I want Thiago as well mate. :-(

I'd be happy very happy with Thiago but I don't know if a young version of exactly the kind of player we want is available, that's why my personal preference would be for Arturo Vidal as a short term 2-3 year signing. Great passer, strong in the air, loads of champs league experience, familiar with peps style and an excellent tackler to boot. Rumour is that Bayern hqve been shopping him and would be happy to take around £20M for him. Then we can revisit the position in a couple of years.

I'd be happy very happy with Thiago but I don't know if a young version of exactly the kind of player we want is available, that's why my personal preference would be for Arturo Vidal as a short term 2-3 year signing. Great passer, strong in the air, loads of champs league experience, familiar with peps style and an excellent tackler to boot. Rumour is that Bayern hqve been shopping him and would be happy to take around £20M for him. Then we can revisit the position in a couple of years.

Same here.

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/07/2...manchester-city-are-close-to-signing-forward/

Manchester City appear close to landing one of Portugal’s most exciting talents in years after holding talks for Rafael Leão, the wonderkid who has been turning heads at Sporting CP.

UK journalist Duncan Castles revealed that there had been progress in City’s pursuit of the 19-year-old and now, from Portugal, comes further evidence that things are happening.

The Record newspaper in an exclusive story today says Leão’s representatives have recently visited England for talks with City. The outcome was positive and there is now a ‘strong conviction’ that Rafael Leão will soon become a Manchester City player.

Manchester City and Arsenal have contacted the entourage of the latest wonderkid off AS Monaco’s production line, forward Nabil Alioui, according to RMC Sport.

The 19-year-old is making a big impression for France at the Euro U19s and his form for club and country has alerted scouts across Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.