General transfer rumours

As a 6/8 he would be fine. He can hold his part defensively and is a good build up player but I would not trust him alone back there. With a partner that would share this with him in a double 6 or 6/8 role I think he would be fine.

But - for me he really is the ideal no. 8. I love him a lot better with 4 in front of him than with 3 - but here you might have to see the players Bayern have or that they focus the play more onto the wings. In a 4-1-4-1 with a partner on the 8 who is partly more offensive or in a 4-3-3 either as a 6/8 pairing with a 10 in front or as an 8 in sandwich between a more defensive 6 and a more offensive 8.

Not in the top matches in which I would want to have a sweeper 6 behind - but in the normal matches I e.g. could see Gündogan and him as 6/8 partners. In difference to e.g. Kroos Thiago has a sense for the defense.

I do not see him as a no. 10 - I think he is wasted there. There is a reason why the modern no. 10 is not a thing in the top teams. They usually want the ball and are most valuable with the ball - but they are too easy to single out and to cover when played in a ball possession team. Ancelotti used him in that way in the top matches last season and he was not good in that - in my eyes he needs to work behind the "scene". If a player looks like a world beater or bad often depends on the conditions you give him or if he can play out his strengths and show less of his weaknesses.

Bayern has a midfield problem right now - with 9 players fighting for 3 spots. And it is not some young ones or players that would be satisfied being benched. It is a problem that came with the pasta cook (Ancelotti) who had the Xmas tree formation as his favourite and saw James and Müller in the front 3 and Martinez as defender. And liked b2b-players. Just that no team in the league wants to have the ball from Bayern - and when you see that 3 players from our U19 dominated a midfield with Can, Marchisio and Pjanic with 70% ball possession Wednesday night you can imagine that it will not be differently in the CL for the established ones. Vidal will probably leave. I still would not understand if they would Thiago leave because he and James are the only ones that offer the passing and creativity.
As a 6/8 he would be fine. He can hold his part defensively and is a good build up player but I would not trust him alone back there. With a partner that would share this with him in a double 6 or 6/8 role I think he would be fine.

But - for me he really is the ideal no. 8. I love him a lot better with 4 in front of him than with 3 - but here you might have to see the players Bayern have or that they focus the play more onto the wings. In a 4-1-4-1 with a partner on the 8 who is partly more offensive or in a 4-3-3 either as a 6/8 pairing with a 10 in front or as an 8 in sandwich between a more defensive 6 and a more offensive 8.

Not in the top matches in which I would want to have a sweeper 6 behind - but in the normal matches I e.g. could see Gündogan and him as 6/8 partners. In difference to e.g. Kroos Thiago has a sense for the defense.

I do not see him as a no. 10 - I think he is wasted there. There is a reason why the modern no. 10 is not a thing in the top teams. They usually want the ball and are most valuable with the ball - but they are too easy to single out and to cover when played in a ball possession team. Ancelotti used him in that way in the top matches last season and he was not good in that - in my eyes he needs to work behind the "scene". If a player looks like a world beater or bad often depends on the conditions you give him or if he can play out his strengths and show less of his weaknesses.

Bayern has a midfield problem right now - with 9 players fighting for 3 spots. And it is not some young ones or players that would be satisfied being benched. It is a problem that came with the pasta cook (Ancelotti) who had the Xmas tree formation as his favourite and saw James and Müller in the front 3 and Martinez as defender. And liked b2b-players. Just that no team in the league wants to have the ball from Bayern - and when you see that 3 players from our U19 dominated a midfield with Can, Marchisio and Pjanic with 70% ball possession Wednesday night you can imagine that it will not be differently in the CL for the established ones. Vidal will probably leave. I still would not understand if they would Thiago leave because he and James are the only ones that offer the passing and creativity.

Not being critical of your football knowledge. But if you could stop stereotyping numbers you actually may make some good points.

My oh my, how the game has changed. In my early City supporting days which include Joe Mercer's teams, numbers 4 and 6 were wing halves, numbers 8 and 10 were inside forwards. We even sang about Colin Bell as being the greatest inside forward that the World has ever seen. Even with the innovative Malcolm Allison as Joe's number 2...[sorry...Assistant Manager] those basic lineups didn't change too much. Occasionally, players would swap from a number 8 to a number 10 shirt but this didn't mean too much. As now, if a player was hopeless then by giving him another shirt number, he'd still be hopeless with his new shirt.

Not being critical of your football knowledge. But if you could stop stereotyping numbers you actually may make some good points.
It's something both of us understand and she was replying to me, don't see what the problem is, we're both aware what's meant by 6-8-10 when talking about central midfielders.

It's something both of us understand and she was replying to me, don't see what the problem is, we're both aware what's meant by 6-8-10 when talking about central midfielders.

Sorry . Shall not interfere in private conversations in the future. My sincere apologies number 4. -:)

I know mourinho talks 4 6 8 so I guess it is relevant then.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.