General transfer rumours

Which journalist is saying it?

City watch just says its The Sunday Times, but I quick google is sending me to a Duncan Castles report, who seems to report for them....Cant see the whole report as you need to Subscribe for online access...

City watch just says its The Sunday Times, but I quick google is sending me to a Duncan Castles report, who seems to report for them....Cant see the whole report as you need to Subscribe for online access...

Cheers, if that's the case that it's Mourinho's lickspittle that's reoorting it then I'm not concerned.

The comments in the Times are likely to be bullshit but if not I cant say that I am unhappy.
Ive watched two of the targets in pre season we have missed out on Fred and Jorghinio.
And although both looked tidy on the ball it is abundantly clear that neither are a patch on Fern, particularly in respect of the qualities he brings to are tactical shape/game which have been much heralded by Pep himself.
If the dm role we all feel may need reinforcing was simply about prioritizing ball retention, recycling of the ball and or breaking the oppositions lines with short and long passes , I can see that these two boys would fill their boots all day.
No problem with that.
But the role which Fern carried out last season is so much more than what has been described above.
Fern may not have the passing range of Jorghinio, but he fused a balance between the passing game which enables are system to tick and the selfless, quick defensive and pressing game which enable us to retain possession quickly or snuff out danger.
Whilst Jorghinio seems to have received praise for the games he has played, these have been under conditions in which he s had the time and space to pick and choose his passes and with little attacking threat from the opposition.
As for Fred from what I saw of him in champs league and indeed last night, he is definitely not a dm, and jose has stated last week that he sees Fred as providing creativity to the team, I can only imagine that he meant further up the field.
So as mentioned above I have no issue with Pep, potentially being a little pissed off because from what Ive seen of both of the targets we have missed out on, neither could provide what Fern currently does, which has been instrumental in City being able to impose their tactics upon opposing teams.

I would add that I dont believe Fred or Jorghinio were being pursued as replacements for Fern, taking into consideration their strengths and weakness.
I suspect that both players were pursued with a view to being able to play to play along side or in Freds case a little further up from whoever would be the dominant dm, in midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.