General transfer rumours

I think that means they don’t want to sell unless there is a ridiculous offer. Ed Woodward is presumably on the phone as we speak.

He’s worth £80m tops.

Woodward is too smart by half and United know he is nowhere near good enough for a return to the mighty Man Ure. Arsenal on the other hand........

Simone Zaza has signed for Torino for £14million. I didn’t realise Torino had that sort of cash but seeing as though they do, what the fuck are they buying him for?!

Simone Zaza has signed for Torino for £14million. I didn’t realise Torino had that sort of cash but seeing as though they do, what the fuck are they buying him for?!

Uh? He's already theirs, played with them this season.

Edit: he was still on loan apparently, so it seems they bought him for good.

Rabiot is in Turin to pass his medical and sign his contract. Should be official tomorrow.

Apparently, he should receive a 7 M€ net salary + 10 M signing on fee and 10 M€ for his agent (his mother).

I like free transfers but I don't know what to expect from him, given his temperament.
What do you think about him?

You mean Ronaldo? I'm not worried about that, he doesn't even play in the same part of the field as Rabiot and he's got more authority. He hasn't given us any problems this season, he looked really mature.

What I worry about is Rabiot's behaviour in itself, his reaction to the coach's decisions and his impatience.

I like free transfers but I don't know what to expect from him, given his temperament.
What do you think about him?
There was an interesting article last year about Sarri and his view on Rabiot (and PSG midfield).
https://onefootball.com/en/news/close-friend-reveals-why-maurizio-sarri-turned-dow
“The last time I was in Naples he told me that PSG were looking at him,” Brachi told Corriere della Sera.

“But that’s a club that isn’t for him. He told me ‘How can I coach a team that has a midfield of Rabiot, Verratti and Thiago Motta?

“They are players that don’t run. We’re talking about big players, but they don’t attack the spaces and run without the ball.”

So, my view on Rabiot ? Like a big majority of PSG fans, i couldn't stand Rabiot anymore. He was just infuriating.
First, because he misled the club into thinking he would renew while he was going for a signing on free move. The club was stupid to fall for the trap though.

Second, because he is just a dick. He sees himself as a box to box, number 8 type of player, while his best qualities shine in a number 6 position. Just this year in Champions League against Napoli, look at his attitude :

Look how slowly he tracks back (number 25) and doesn't even try to defend on the guy. That ultimately led to a goal:

Compare the difference of will between Allan here and Rabiot:

The guy walks with the ball, loses the ball and then takes a nap on the floor and doesn't seem willing to go back to defend.
This is the reason why PSG was after Allan. Rabiot is maybe more talented but he didn't put in effort.

It is no wonder PSG put Marquinhos in his position later on and felt more balanced. This is one of the big differences between the first legs of this CL group where we were dominated at Anfield and at home by Napoli and the return legs when we were better than both teams.

That being said, Rabiot can put some good/great performances if he has the right mindset. I think the move to Juventus will be good for him as he will grow as a man, be more professional (he was adept of parties, smoking shisha, enjoying "young women"). If he is pleased with Juventus, you'll get a good element. Not top midfielder but at least a good squad player. He was supposed to be the more talented heir of Matuidi at PSG. This can give you the bracket you can aim with him.

Edit: Another Adrien Rabiot trackback performance against Red Star Belgrade in CL.

Number 25, visibly unhappy as showed by his hands move and he decided to walk.

Last edited:
Rabiot will like Cristiano Ronaldo.

He is generally a good teammate. He is just full of himself and his mother is a painful.

Also, there is something really special about french players. They generally don't like to be serious, professional at home. They complain when clubs want them to work harder. But as soon as they go abroad, they are all saying how they are working harder and how better/professional the clubs are. I quite can't understand why they act like that.

Rabiot with a good mindset is a good element. However, Ndombélé who is younger than him is a way better player for example.

Last edited:
I have a man on the inside and yesterday he told me of a player is about to sign and i should get my money on it. He even showed me proof. Problem is i've forgotten who he said. Also that Rodri is nearly done.
Probably Angeliño or Riesgo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.