General transfer rumours

According to L'Equipe, PSG is on the verge of signing Abdou Diallo, a left CB from Dortmund. The fee is announced to be around 32 M€.

I really can't read the transfer decisions of PSG. Sounds more like a Tuchel signing than a Leonardo target. I'm a bit doubtful because it reminds me the signing of Kehrer : a young promising CB with potential. PSG needs a more experienced and leading figure with Thiago Silva getting old.

Sorry but thats odd.A more experienced defender because thiago silvas getting old.age is exsperience !

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Mangala? You can get him for free, and I can drive him to the airport if you need
First of all, i would like Mangala if you would take Choupo-Moting and Jesé to improve your attacking depth. Sounds like a win win deal for both parties, huhu !

Secondly, it is sad we can't even imagine scenarii of transfers between City and PSG due to the owners.

If Maguire is 80m, 45m isn’t actually big money at all is it?

That’s Utd inflating the market again but shhh tell everyone it was City.

To be fair it was PSG and then Liverpool rather than United. It’s redundant though as you rightly point out it’s Citys fault entirely.

To be fair it was PSG and then Liverpool rather than United. It’s redundant though as you rightly point out it’s Citys fault entirely.
This is false though.

Transfer market prices increased because of the surge in money in the game (TV rights, sponsors).
Rather than looking at the raw values, it is more interesting to compare the values of the players with the overall budget of the clubs. Then, we can see that the "most expensive" transfers took place some decades ago. Ronaldo Nazario is the most expensive transfer of all time. Zidane at Real Madrid was more expensive than Neymar at PSG.

This is false though.

Transfer market prices increased because of the surge in money in the game (TV rights, sponsors).
Rather than looking at the raw values, it is more interesting to compare the values of the players with the overall budget of the clubs. Then, we can see that the "most expensive" transfers took place some decades ago. Ronaldo Nazario is the most expensive transfer of all time. Zidane at Real Madrid was more expensive than Neymar at PSG.

I don’t disagree with your points and I’m not blaming PSG for the entire state of the market but for every big step up there’s always a catalyst and this time it happens to have been the Neymar and VVD deals. The summer of Neymar and Mbappe brought about a big leap in values of the superstar players of the world. Even after that, there was a perception that only the big name attackers would go for that money until Liverpool came along and eviserated that thought by smashing the world record for a defender and keeper which has set a precedent for the crazy fees were now seeing this summer in England. If VVD and Alison hadn’t been bought for those prices you’d be looking at a significantly cheaper market this summer, Leicester would be wanting around £40-50 million for Maguire.

I don’t disagree with your points and I’m not blaming PSG for the entire state of the market but for every big step up there’s always a catalyst and this time it happens to have been the Neymar and VVD deals. The summer of Neymar and Mbappe brought about a big leap in values of the superstar players of the world. Even after that, there was a perception that only the big name attackers would go for that money until Liverpool came along and eviserated that thought by smashing the world record for a defender and keeper which has set a precedent for the crazy fees were now seeing this summer in England. If VVD and Alison hadn’t been bought for those prices you’d be looking at a significantly cheaper market this summer, Leicester would be wanting around £40-50 million for Maguire.
To be honest, i'm not even trying to defend PSG here especially.

In my opinion, a player like Maguire is worth as much, not because of Neymar but because Leicester has enough money to price out their players. Only an tremendous offer will make them budge.
When a lot of clubs have a lot of money, prices tend to increase naturally.

There have always been the exceptional transfers of this world like Zidane in his time and the market didn't really went "mad" because the wealth was only in the hands of few teams. Now, you have insane TV rights, CL money, sponsors money. Last year, a newly promoted Fulham could spend 30 M€ on a really average player of Marseille, Zambo Anguissa. Is it because of VVD or Neymar deals ? No. It is just that Fulham had more money than sense and could afford to spend that much thanks to PL money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.