General transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by chris63, 24 Jun 2015.

1. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey

I don’t disagree with your points and I’m not blaming PSG for the entire state of the market but for every big step up there’s always a catalyst and this time it happens to have been the Neymar and VVD deals. The summer of Neymar and Mbappe brought about a big leap in values of the superstar players of the world. Even after that, there was a perception that only the big name attackers would go for that money until Liverpool came along and eviserated that thought by smashing the world record for a defender and keeper which has set a precedent for the crazy fees were now seeing this summer in England. If VVD and Alison hadn’t been bought for those prices you’d be looking at a significantly cheaper market this summer, Leicester would be wanting around £40-50 million for Maguire.

2. Parisian

Parisian

Team supported:
    Paris Saint Germain
    To be honest, i'm not even trying to defend PSG here especially.

In my opinion, a player like Maguire is worth as much, not because of Neymar but because Leicester has enough money to price out their players. Only an tremendous offer will make them budge.
    When a lot of clubs have a lot of money, prices tend to increase naturally.

There have always been the exceptional transfers of this world like Zidane in his time and the market didn't really went "mad" because the wealth was only in the hands of few teams. Now, you have insane TV rights, CL money, sponsors money. Last year, a newly promoted Fulham could spend 30 M€ on a really average player of Marseille, Zambo Anguissa. Is it because of VVD or Neymar deals ? No. It is just that Fulham had more money than sense and could afford to spend that much thanks to PL money.

GeorgeR, lcfc_chump, Uffa and 3 others like this.
  3. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

Mahrez sat him on his arse, quick enough.

4. Parisian

Parisian

Team supported:
    Paris Saint Germain
    Successfully passed his medicals today.
    Will be official tomorrow.
    5 year contract.
    Will join his teammates on wednesday.

5. Super David Silva 21

Super David Silva 21

Norwich have signed defender Sam Byram from West Ham for £750,000.

Was we not after him whilst at Leeds??

6. Ajm1985

Ajm1985

Interesting take on it

7. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

Gareth Bale being pimp'd around PL clubs.

Real slowly accepting they will have to get what they can for him as Zidane don't want him.

Only snag is the £350k a week he is on..... Be interesting to see how they square this circle. Only one club I know that won't blink at that figure!

Rammyblues likes this.
  8. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

He must be about 103 by now?

9. Parisian

Parisian

Team supported:
    Paris Saint Germain
    PSG communication team kinda made a mistake and we have the unofficial announcement of Diallo already :

10. MeatHunterrr

MeatHunterrr

Lille president basically saying Nicolas Pepe is on the move. Wonder where he goes. Linked to United, would be decent signing for them unfortunately.