General transfer rumours

Sky Sports News reporting that Tottenham in "advanced talks" to sign Solanke. Interesting. That's a big step up for him, in terms of expectations. The demands at Spurs will be huge compared to Bournemouth. I'm assuming he'll be getting a hefty bump in his salary as well. Does this mean Richarlison is on his way out? He's been underwhelming there.
I think they are making the smarter choice between Solanke and Toney. Both good strikers, but Solanke will fit Ange's style better.

Toney is as classic as a target man come, who has shown his best in a two-striker partnership setup, next to Mbeumo/Wissa. He is one of the best in the league currently I've seen at bringing a partnering striker into play. However, if Ange prefers a striker who's better with his feet and has more experience as lone #9, Solanke is the choice. The doubt is whether Solanke's form last season was a one-off or he's truly ready to step up.

Richarlison will probably be at Spurs for another season. If he can't get games over the new striker, it will most likely be his final season at Spurs. The impending World Cup will force him to make a move.

Newcastle have had a second bid for Guehi rejected. Palace finished last season pretty well under Glasner. But they may be considerably weakened come the end of the window. Olise has gone, Eze may well go (to us; who knows? We've been linked with him), and Newcastle seem determined to get Guehi. That's a lot of talent possibly gone out the door. And I'm surprised there's not more noise about Wharton, who people are predicting will be great player.

Newcastle have had a second bid for Guehi rejected. Palace finished last season pretty well under Glasner. But they may be considerably weakened come the end of the window. Olise has gone, Eze may well go (to us; who knows? We've been linked with him), and Newcastle seem determined to get Guehi. That's a lot of talent possibly gone out the door. And I'm surprised there's not more noise about Wharton, who people are predicting will be great player.

I wouldnt be surprised that the moment the Alvarez deal is confirmed we do the Eze clause straight away.

Ther first bid was probably 30m

Picking up some nice talent in already, Chalobah for Guehi seems next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.