General transfer rumours

I want to believe him too mate!;) Would be nice to get some business done early!;) Lets hope the rumour is true that Pep wants all business done before the Euros!;)
That's not a rumor. Every manager wants all business done early. It's whether they can that's the issue.

All these clubs know that with the infusion of big TV money this off-season, teams will have a lot more money and will become more and more desperate the longer they wait. That is why what Bayern has done in the last couple weeks is even more impressive. Getting the players they want quickly and quietly without spending stupid money on them. Of course there is very much an "us versus everybody else" type feel to the Bundesliga. For some silly reason German teams would rather sell to Bayern for less money and keep their best players in the league.

All these clubs know that with the infusion of big TV money this off-season, teams will have a lot more money and will become more and more desperate the longer they wait. That is why what Bayern has done in the last couple weeks is even more impressive. Getting the players they want quickly and quietly without spending stupid money on them. Of course there is very much an "us versus everybody else" type feel to the Bundesliga. For some silly reason German teams would rather sell to Bayern for less money and keep their best players in the league.

Deutschland Deutschland über alles...

Who told you that? I guess it even is the opposite. And Bayern recently does not buy very often from other German teams.
Götze had a clause, Lewy and Rode were out of contract. Neuer was very expensive. Gomez was very expensive. Hummels is very expansive, too, if you take in account that his contract runs out in 2017.

Who told you that? I guess it even is the opposite. And Bayern recently does not buy very often from other German teams.
Götze had a clause, Lewy and Rode were out of contract. Neuer was very expensive. Gomez was very expensive. Hummels is very expansive, too, if you take in account that his contract runs out in 2017.
Yeah, Poke's commentary in re Germany was lazy. You didn't need to respond.

i freely admit that I don't closely follow the German league. However if you remember last year when the DeBruyne struggle was taking place, there were reports mainly from Bayern saying things like "teams should not be selling their best players outside of the league as it doesn't help keep the league strong." Adding those comments to the fact that you just don't see a ton of big names leaving the Bundesliga, albeit with a few notable exceptions. It may have been lazy on my part to assume it their player policies were pretty incestuous, but there are reasons behind my incorrect assumptions.

Every year we see a ton of players move from Spain, France, and Italy to the Premier League. And maybe I'm incorrect on this as well, but it just doesn't seem like they have the exodus out of Germany like they do in the others I've mentioned. I guess Neuer was considered expensive at the time. By today's standards, 18 Million Euros seems like a pittance for a top keeper in his prime. Gomez was very expensive though.

Sorry for displaying my ignorance in such glorious fashion.

i freely admit that I don't closely follow the German league. However if you remember last year when the DeBruyne struggle was taking place, there were reports mainly from Bayern saying things like "teams should not be selling their best players outside of the league as it doesn't help keep the league strong." Adding those comments to the fact that you just don't see a ton of big names leaving the Bundesliga, albeit with a few notable exceptions. It may have been lazy on my part to assume it their player policies were pretty incestuous, but there are reasons behind my incorrect assumptions.

Every year we see a ton of players move from Spain, France, and Italy to the Premier League. And maybe I'm incorrect on this as well, but it just doesn't seem like they have the exodus out of Germany like they do in the others I've mentioned. I guess Neuer was considered expensive at the time. By today's standards, 18 Million Euros seems like a pittance for a top keeper in his prime. Gomez was very expensive though.

Sorry for displaying my ignorance in such glorious fashion.
Top bloke!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.