General transfer rumours

Wasn't it stated in that link someone else provided before, that if any of yoonited, PSG, Bayern, Real Madrid or Barcelona wanted him, the clause was 24m euros?

I call bollocks on those tweets then.

Yeah its bollocks, someones clearly threw United's name in there to make it some sort of battle for the young superstar but completely forgot they have a much lower buy out.

Wasn't it stated in that link someone else provided before, that if any of yoonited, PSG, Bayern, Real Madrid or Barcelona wanted him, the clause was 24m euros?

I call bollocks on those tweets then.
If someone's offering 32m it doesn't mean they have to agree terms with any of those other clubs offering the minimum amount... the deal has to be agreed between both clubs and the player. Since the player wants to work with pep and the club are happy with our offer united would have to better it.

If someone's offering 32m it doesn't mean they have to agree terms with any of those other clubs offering the minimum amount... the deal has to be agreed between both clubs and the player. Since the player wants to work with pep and the club are happy with our offer united would have to better it.
Surely not.

If there is a clause that says yoonited are one of the teams with the lower buy-out, then all they have to do is pay the amount in that clause?

Or am I being thick? It's possible haha!

Surely not.

If there is a clause that says yoonited are one of the teams with the lower buy-out, then all they have to do is pay the amount in that clause?

Or am I being thick? It's possible haha!
Well I'm no expert but isn't that only relevant when a player has expressed a wish to join one of those clubs, the parent club would not be able to stand in the way if the clause is triggered with the fee(24m)? Otherwise it would be a race between those 4 clubs to make an offer of 24million and neither the player nor the parent club would have any say. That can't be right.

Btw is anyone keeping track of how much we have spent so far and how much are targets are reported to cost? I thought our budget was £150m.

Well I'm no expert but isn't that only relevant when a player has expressed a wish to join one of those clubs, the parent club would not be able to stand in the way. Otherwise it would be a race between those 4 clubs to make an offer of 24million and neither the player nor the parent club would have any say? That can't be right.

Btw is anyone keeping track of how much we have spent so far and how much are targets are reported to cost? I thought our budget was £150m.
Basically a club makes an offer in line with the release clause. Whether the player wants to go to that club is another matter like Vardy. The club will have no say if the release clause is met. So it makes less than 0 sense for the Rags to give even a pound over the release clause.

Though just now when I think of it, Jesus owns 15% of himself and maybe that is why he wants a higher transfer fee? Maybe he won't agree to join them unless they offer more? But he can just ask them for a higher contract can't he? Much simpler that way.

Basically a club makes an offer in line with the release clause. Whether the player wants to go to that club is another matter like Vardy. The club will have no say if the release clause is met. So it makes less than 0 sense for the Rags to give even a pound over the release clause.

Though just now when I think of it, Jesus owns 15% of himself and maybe that is why he wants a higher transfer fee? Maybe he won't agree to join them unless they offer more?
Yeh like I said it's the player who has the final say that's the key to it, if he isn't fussed where he ends up then it would be the highest bidder between any of those clubs who the clause applies to and any outsider club who the player is happy to go to. So unless United think he wants to go to united "cos of istory and klass" then they would be silly offer 24m when someones already beat it.

When a player isn't trying to leave then the clause doesn't really matter no matter if someone triggers it, if someone makes a better offer that Palmeiras likes they can agree to it and then it's up to the player to agree terms. Sounds like the player has agreed terms with Pep verbally that's the most important part of the puzzle and the club are apparently happy with what we offered. It's looking good if the reports are true. Personally I don't think he has a preference of club(might be a preference of manager he wants to play under though) and perhaps he's held off out of loyalty to his current club making sure they get a good deal(until Pep had a word with him :) ).

Last edited:
Andre Gomes to Barca?

Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 53s53 seconds ago
Being reported by @AdriaAlbets on Cadena SER that Barcelona have signed André Gomes. Will be presented next week

Cn6y55DWcAA7MkB.jpg

14 retweets5 likes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.