General transfer rumours

Caballero did well in a shoot out. Other than that he has been awful. His performance at Spurs away was one of the worst I've ever seen and I remember watching Eric Nixon have some shockers. Pellegrini's number one was hart.

Well mate I suppose you didn't even watch. Spouting such a nonsense. Have a look, if you need to suffer again:

1-1: offside, safe by Willy, mistake by KDB
1-2: Fernando too far away so free header, Willy's fault as well, although difficult to defend for a keeper
1-3: no chance for any keeper worldwide
1-4: wide open counter, Kolarov and Demi fuck it up

On the other hand there were several saves by Willy.

So yes, the game was a disaster. But what exactly are you up to against Willy, mate?
You are branding him as a 'terrible keeper' and your proof are those goals? Come on.
You should take care a bit in what way you are talking about City players and I would kindly ask you to try being a bit more serious and balanced.
Thanks in advance.

Well mate I suppose you didn't even watch. Spouting such a nonsense. Have a look, if you need to suffer again:

1-1: offside, safe by Willy, mistake by KDB
1-2: Fernando too far away so free header, Willy's fault as well, although difficult to defend for a keeper
1-3: no chance for any keeper worldwide
1-4: wide open counter, Kolarov and Demi fuck it up

On the other hand there were several saves by Willy.

So yes, the game was a disaster. But what exactly are you up to against Willy, mate?
You are branding him as a 'terrible keeper' and your proof are those goals? Come on.
You should take care a bit in what way you are talking about City players and I would kindly ask you to try being a bit more serious and balanced.
Thanks in advance.

I'm a season ticket holder bud and watched that game as well so I think I've seen enough to say he's a terrible keeper. I was highlighting that game but I've never seen him look a top keeper. How many clean sheets does he have? I don't rate him as a keeper I'm afraid. You're free to think he's the bees knees.

I'm a season ticket holder bud and watched that game as well so I think I've seen enough to say he's a terrible keeper. I was highlighting that game but I've never seen him look a top keeper. How many clean sheets does he have? I don't rate him as a keeper I'm afraid. You're free to think he's the bees knees.

As we have already learnt, all of us are watching different games obviously and try do discuss about it afterwards.
That's OK. Although you didn't comment on the 4 goals and that is telling something.

I don't rate golden gloves as they are based on numbers of clean sheets. But clean sheets don't reflect weak opponents, missed chances, bad weather, bad surface, superb defenders, bad refs and linesmen, perfect free-kicks, number of penalties or tactical approaches by the coach.
That's why clean sheets are a very one-dimensional statistic to evaluate the quality of a keeper. They are quite useless.

Clean sheets are the ultimate argument to explain a keeper's brilliance. It just doesn't work.

Instead we should define different parts of a keeper's ability and rate them.

As we have already learnt, all of us are watching different games obviously and try do discuss about it afterwards.
That's OK. Although you didn't comment on the 4 goals and that is telling something.

I don't rate golden gloves as they are based on numbers of clean sheets. But clean sheets don't reflect weak opponents, missed chances, bad weather, bad surface, superb defenders, bad refs and linesmen, perfect free-kicks, number of penalties or tactical approaches by the coach.
That's why clean sheets are a very one-dimensional statistic to evaluate the quality of a keeper. They are quite useless.

Clean sheets are the ultimate argument to explain a keeper's brilliance. It just doesn't work.

Instead we should define different parts of a keeper's ability and rate them.
Okay I'll bite even though this isn't the right thread. Is caballero better than hart? I understand pep doesn't like him what I am suggesting is over time harts superiority would show. As for you goals comments pal Willis performance that day doesn't need comment. It speaks for itself. The bit where he is in his knees is embarrassing. If clean sheets don't matter then golden boots don't and every other award I guess.

Okay I'll bite even though this isn't the right thread. Is caballero better than hart? I understand pep doesn't like him what I am suggesting is over time harts superiority would show. As for you goals comments pal Willis performance that day doesn't need comment. It speaks for itself. The bit where he is in his knees is embarrassing. If clean sheets don't matter then golden boots don't and every other award I guess.

Yep, wrong thread. I'm off.
Have a nice day.

Golden gloves are no way to judge a goalkeeper unless you get a stat of the number of saves. We will always be favorites for the golden glove regardless of who is in the stick because we have most of the ball in the opponents half. That said Hart is better than Willy, but surely Xabier who has been their gk coach for 3 years knows much much more.

Golden gloves are no way to judge a goalkeeper unless you get a stat of the number of saves. We will always be favorites for the golden glove regardless of who is in the stick because we have most of the ball in the opponents half. That said Hart is better than Willy, but surely Xabier who has been their gk coach for 3 years knows much much more.
Its not fair to judge a goalie on golden gloves as he may have the best or worst defence in front of him.
You can only judge a goalie on his shot to save % surly ?

Based on goalkeeping ability rather than attitude and willingness to adopt one's style.....

Hart is premier league quality.
Pep wants a keeper more suited to a dynamic, fluid style needed for Champions League.
Willy is Championship level.

Lovely man that he is (a gentleman and, in keeping with his name, a hero in the shoot-out vs Liverpool last season) - the reality is that, as we saw in the Sunderland game, the idea of selecting Willy ahead of Joe is utterly laughable. Assuming that goalkeeping ability is your criteria for selection of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.