General UFC thread

shevtheblue said:
Im a big Shogun fan, always have been and always will. Even if he comes in out of shape (hes had double knee surgeries, most fighters dont come back from those at all) he comes in to fight - Hendo, Vera and even Lil Nog fights are case in points. A fit and healthy Shogun is a destroyer as shown in his numerous fights in Pride and of course the Machida fights, but an unfit unhealthy Shogun takes punishment when he doesn't need to as shown in the above Hendo and Vera fights. I hope to see a return of his leg kicks and clinch fighting, very much doubt it though as it seems like his knees are shot so expect rampage Chute box style straights and hooks then going for takedowns.

Rory McDonald has become a very cocky git, I really hope BJ teaches this guy a lesson. The problem is BJ's size, he is tiny compared to McDonald and I think he will be outmuscled much like he was vs GSP.

Only just recently been watching Shoguns Pride fights, he was unreal. If he was in his prime in the UFC he would be dominant. Didn't realise he has both knees worked on, it does explain his slowness compared to 5 years ago.

I agree about McDonald. I don't mind if a fighter is confident but he's said stupid, disrespectful stuff. Think I'm more looking forward to this fight than the main event. Really hope BJ wins.

argyle said:
shevtheblue said:
Im a big Shogun fan, always have been and always will. Even if he comes in out of shape (hes had double knee surgeries, most fighters dont come back from those at all) he comes in to fight - Hendo, Vera and even Lil Nog fights are case in points. A fit and healthy Shogun is a destroyer as shown in his numerous fights in Pride and of course the Machida fights, but an unfit unhealthy Shogun takes punishment when he doesn't need to as shown in the above Hendo and Vera fights. I hope to see a return of his leg kicks and clinch fighting, very much doubt it though as it seems like his knees are shot so expect rampage Chute box style straights and hooks then going for takedowns.

Rory McDonald has become a very cocky git, I really hope BJ teaches this guy a lesson. The problem is BJ's size, he is tiny compared to McDonald and I think he will be outmuscled much like he was vs GSP.

Only just recently been watching Shoguns Pride fights, he was unreal. If he was in his prime in the UFC he would be dominant. Didn't realise he has both knees worked on, it does explain his slowness compared to 5 years ago.

I agree about McDonald. I don't mind if a fighter is confident but he's said stupid, disrespectful stuff. Think I'm more looking forward to this fight than the main event. Really hope BJ wins.
Rampage and wandy were in some battles but when rampage fought shogun (even though rampage says he was injured) he absolutely mauled him. When he fought machida they did a heart rate test on him and his resting bpm was the best of any fighter on the whole card. Shame about the injuries as a fit shogun would have done better against jon jones. Jones really is a heavyweight..that guy is huge.

UFC on ESPN or free stream Live right now.

The prelims have been fantastic so far. Check it out now before the boxing.

PM me for free stream.

Main card now due to start.

Will be good to watch even just for the BJ Penn v Rory McDonald matchup.

So far in the prelims there have been 6 fights and only one went to decision.

hate rory, but cant dispute, that was a world class performance, he looked twice the fighter he was in his last fight. Hope the big sweed wins here as i think he has more tools to overcome jon jones...Then for the main event, 2 of my favorite fighters, should be a good one, hope too smooth henderson comes out on top.

kompany10 said:
hate rory, but cant dispute, that was a world class performance, he looked twice the fighter he was in his last fight. Hope the big sweed wins here as i think he has more tools to overcome jon jones...Then for the main event, 2 of my favorite fighters, should be a good one, hope too smooth henderson comes out on top.

On that performance the swede will be a great match up for the winner of Jones v Sonnen.

argyle said:
kompany10 said:

On that performance the swede will be a great match up for the winner of Jones v Sonnen.

i totally agree....outstandng performance from mcdonald but especially gustaffon and henderson, henderson totally dominated diaz and looked on fire, gustaffon won well and looked great against one fo the best shogan rua.one of the best cards in a while!!

I think the injuries and wars have really caught up with shogun..i thought gus looked good but not dominating and i think jones will beat him fairly easily like phil davis did. If i was in shoguns camp i would seriously look at taking a year out and analyse if its worth it. BJ needs to retire, this was what weve got used to recently..bj taking punishment and nothing really coming back from him. Bendo looked amazing, i would love to see aldo come up and fight him or gilbert melendez from strikeforce when it closes down.

Who has everyone got in the jds vs velasquez fight? I cain decides to wrestle this could be a different fight than the first one but jds is a monster.

Also i think a fitch vs mcdonald fight would be good but i think condit or hendrix will be next for mcdonald. He has just said he wont fight gsp so i suppose he will wait for gsp to move up to middleweight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.