General Videogame Thread

When is the next evolution of games consoles coming out (ie PS5 etc)? And what will be the big leap forwards in gaming as a result?

I’m no gaming expert but I’m guessing it will be faster loading times, bigger games and obviously better graphics. The graphics on games now are mind blowing, just imagine what they will be like by the end of PS5 life cycle in a few years.

VR is gonna be huge. Its already insane to experience now, but to me its uncomfortable, and makes gives me motion sickness. But it really does feel like you are in another reality, you can pick stuff up, and move your head around it and twist it to see it all, with good graphics and everything. It really is crazy to experience the first time. But after like 20 mins in most games i start feeling sick. Its almost tricks you too much it really feels like you are in another world.

I still say if they make a Star Wars game with lightsabers VR will explode, I tried it a few years ago at Celebration with a lightsaber it was brilliant I can only imagine a ful game with space battles would fly off the shelfs

I did. As I said, good fun but the cost, headset and game production, plus the slow take up has meant VR is still a niche market.
I think you are right bud, i keep seeing people who make gaming vids suddenly playing vr stuff they would never touch going off what they said they liked. Companies are hiring these influencer types to try and push it. Looking at it they need to make engines specifically for this and work hard on them. It looks very very cumbersome but most tech takes a while to get going i suppose.

Look at it this way, youtube will be full of people wearing headsets running full pelt into their pc setups and smashing it to bits whilst swinging an imaginary sword. Like yourself though, i am not convinced.

I’m no gaming expert but I’m guessing it will be faster loading times, bigger games and obviously better graphics. The graphics on games now are mind blowing, just imagine what they will be like by the end of PS5 life cycle in a few years.

My son is only just getting into decent games - he is 11 so keeping him away from most 18 titles. For that reason I buy a lot of older generation stuff, xbox 360 games from the last 10 years or so. I'm not sure graphics are improving that much. What is changing is the connectivity. There is little difference between CoD from say 10 years ago and Fortnight in terms of graphics as an example but one has huge global servers with millions playing and the other was built for just you or 2 player mode.

Minecraft is still massive with kids and the graphics are basic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.