General Videogame Thread

Doom always affects me, it’s the bouncing motion, years ago I used to get it playing Turok on the N64

A lot of fps hammered at frenetic pace for me but know thy limits they say so I will quietly continue with leisurely rounds of Counterstrike. It's easy to see why with doom as it's game engine creates complex environments where first person perspectives change at the clik of a mouse generating dramatic perspective changes whilst we remain motionless .. Doom is special in so much as it totally embroils the end user sucking us deep within it's matrix and unfortunately it's very difficult indeed not to keep on coming back for more. It probably doesn't bode well for me and others afflicted with this malady with the arrival of the VR but if I limit myself to say an hour the effect isn't so bad. Or maybe even longer sessions but with regular breaks in-between:

Last edited:
Waiting for fifa 20 and had to purchase a PS4 to play it on.

Never played Fifa on a ps4 before so just picked up a cheap fifa 18 to have a go. i realise the gameplay will be different but you gottta start somewhere

Was thinking of getting Boarderlands 3. Lived the first 2 the the reviews for this are all over the place and lots of websites and reviewers haven't even received a review copy yet which is also a bad sign
Be careful reading reviews. A lot of the access media have attacked it, one bloke because he didn't like one of the jokes in it. The gun mechanics are supposed to be much improved. Some say it is not "innovative" enough but i think that is coming from people who simply have their own fantastical ideals for the game. It looks pretty decent to me.

You could always wait for a cracked copy so you can try before you buy maybe? No idea what multiplayer mode would be like if it has it but single player story mode should give you a reasonable feel i suppose.

Be careful reading reviews. A lot of the access media have attacked it, one bloke because he didn't like one of the jokes in it. The gun mechanics are supposed to be much improved. Some say it is not "innovative" enough but i think that is coming from people who simply have their own fantastical ideals for the game. It looks pretty decent to me.

You could always wait for a cracked copy so you can try before you buy maybe? No idea what multiplayer mode would be like if it has it but single player story mode should give you a reasonable feel i suppose.
Yeah the vibe I'm getting it's pretty much the same as the first 2 which is no bad thing as they are great games( especially multiplayer) so I'll probably get it.

Another thing what's putting me off is Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford.

Been reading a lot about him and he comes across as a massive prick. Do I really want to give my money to a tosser like him?

Yeah the vibe I'm getting it's pretty much the same as the first 2 which is no bad thing as they are great games( especially multiplayer) so I'll probably get it.

Another thing what's putting me off is Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford.

Been reading a lot about him and he comes across as a massive prick. Do I really want to give my money to a tosser like him?
Ahh yeah i heard about this, greedy arse that he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.