General Videogame Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blue banks, 31 Mar 2016.

1. Two Gun Bob

Two Gun Bob

A lot of fps hammered at frenetic pace for me but know thy limits they say so I will quietly continue with leisurely rounds of Counterstrike. It's easy to see why with doom as it's game engine creates complex environments where first person perspectives change at the clik of a mouse generating dramatic perspective changes whilst we remain motionless .. Doom is special in so much as it totally embroils the end user sucking us deep within it's matrix and unfortunately it's very difficult indeed not to keep on coming back for more. It probably doesn't bode well for me and others afflicted with this malady with the arrival of the VR but if I limit myself to say an hour the effect isn't so bad. Or maybe even longer sessions but with regular breaks in-between:

Last edited: 10 Sep 2019
    Blue Maverick likes this.
  2. kippaxwarrior

kippaxwarrior

Was thinking of getting Boarderlands 3. Lived the first 2 the the reviews for this are all over the place and lots of websites and reviewers haven't even received a review copy yet which is also a bad sign

3. Super David Silva 21

Super David Silva 21

Waiting for fifa 20 and had to purchase a PS4 to play it on.

Never played Fifa on a ps4 before so just picked up a cheap fifa 18 to have a go. i realise the gameplay will be different but you gottta start somewhere

4. TCIB

TCIB

Be careful reading reviews. A lot of the access media have attacked it, one bloke because he didn't like one of the jokes in it. The gun mechanics are supposed to be much improved. Some say it is not "innovative" enough but i think that is coming from people who simply have their own fantastical ideals for the game. It looks pretty decent to me.

You could always wait for a cracked copy so you can try before you buy maybe? No idea what multiplayer mode would be like if it has it but single player story mode should give you a reasonable feel i suppose.

5. kippaxwarrior

kippaxwarrior

Yeah the vibe I'm getting it's pretty much the same as the first 2 which is no bad thing as they are great games( especially multiplayer) so I'll probably get it.

Another thing what's putting me off is Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford.

Been reading a lot about him and he comes across as a massive prick. Do I really want to give my money to a tosser like him?

TCIB likes this.
  6. TCIB

TCIB

Ahh yeah i heard about this, greedy arse that he is.

7. VOOMER

VOOMER

Assassin's creed odyssey is the dogs bollocks

8. Loads coming out over the next few months it's going to be very expensive.

Borderlands 3
    Ghost Recon breakpoint
    Destiny 2 Shadowkeep
    Call of Duty
    Death stranding
    Shenmue 3
    Dying Light 2 (Rumoured 27th Dec but doubt it)

All before Christmas :) happy days.

9. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Just finished Origins and was thinking is there any point in playing through this as well?
    I have it but I haven’t put it on yet?

10. tommo74

tommo74

Go into ps4 playstore fifa 20 demo can be downloaded for free