General Videogame Thread

They've fucked up every other Star Wars game, Battlefront 2 being a prime example. Though to be fair it's just had a huge update which has made it a lot better.
Unbeknown to me, Mrs Cloud has pre-ordered it for me. Only found out today when I turned on the PS4 & saw it downloaded on the home screen.
Still apprehensive about it but looking forward to give a crack in the morning.

Yeah, its a very steep learning curve. First thing to do is do the tutorials. What you playing on ?

Believe me, its worth the effort when you get into it. Even after playing for three years I still find myself searching for explanations for stuff. The forums are good and theres loads of youtube tutorials.

Ill help anyway I can.
I'm playing on pc, must admit very addictive at the mo. Just keep googling how to do stuff, sussed out how to scan beacons and stuff. Now am stuck sourcing materials, googled the best way is going on a site that lists the locations for everything.

MW being so shite is what lead me to reinstall BFV to see how it compared, which timed nicely with the Pacific drop. MW needs some serious patching. Sometimes gambles on gameplay or map design pay off, but it seems most people just find it frustrating. Encourages camping too much, claymores, poor netcode leading to endless 1 frame deaths, stupid footsteps, even more stupid 'battle chatter' letting your enemy know where you are after you've carefully snuck up behind them.. Hot garbage. Me and a few old school friends usually grab it as a means of keeping in touch, but even general banter didn't keep it interesting. We all turned it off after the first few sessions and no-one has gone back.

Unfortunately it was a similar case with BFV. Not good enough on launch, loses too many players early doors, and they just never come back. Gambles on 'unknown' battles of WW2 didn't pay off, tweaks to gameplay like attrition widely derided, etc. Game ships in the state it's in now and maybe it's a different story. Hopefully there's enough buzz being generated, especially with Wake Island coming in December to get a good chunk of people back. I still think at its core it's a great multiplayer game. 32v32 breakthrough is a fantastic mode, and a decent squad of 4 can change the tide of a battle. What platform do you play on btw?

Nah the new cod is decent, took me like 5 years to finally give it a go again.

Loved BFV when it came out but they have took so long bring out content they let the community die, so annoying it has really good potential and they just brought out crap update after crap update.

I'm playing on pc, must admit very addictive at the mo. Just keep googling how to do stuff, sussed out how to scan beacons and stuff. Now am stuck sourcing materials, googled the best way is going on a site that lists the locations for everything.

ObsidianAnt on YouTube does lots of excellent videos. Well worth subscribing to imo.

Really cool game, recommended if you have a pc

I don't get to play many games these days, but this looks appealing. Creativity and imagination are key elements from the golden age of gaming that are sorely missing today. No idea about the quality of this game but the thinking behind it is clearly more like what is needed.

Unbeknown to me, Mrs Cloud has pre-ordered it for me. Only found out today when I turned on the PS4 & saw it downloaded on the home screen.
Still apprehensive about it but looking forward to give a crack in the morning.
Is it any good fella? Thinking of getting it but I’m a bit sceptical about buying a Star Wars game

Bought the premier pass on origin at £14.99 to give Jedi Fallen a go on PC. Can’t say much for the story/gameplay as I’ve only just got into it. But graphically/visually it looks a masterpiece, getting some god of war vibes from the scenery. Might be worth remembering EA are merely the publishers in this but Respawn developed it.

IGN have given it 9/10 so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.