General Videogame Thread

It’s brilliant mate. The Iwo Jima map is so good. Dice fucked up releasing the game with no real plan of making new content quick enough before everyone got bored. The Pacific should have came out months ago and it should be well on the way of releasing more factions like the Russians. Credit to them though, these two maps are typical battlefield maps. I’ve played Modern Warfares ground war and I turned it off after a couple of rounds, shite.

MW being so shite is what lead me to reinstall BFV to see how it compared, which timed nicely with the Pacific drop. MW needs some serious patching. Sometimes gambles on gameplay or map design pay off, but it seems most people just find it frustrating. Encourages camping too much, claymores, poor netcode leading to endless 1 frame deaths, stupid footsteps, even more stupid 'battle chatter' letting your enemy know where you are after you've carefully snuck up behind them.. Hot garbage. Me and a few old school friends usually grab it as a means of keeping in touch, but even general banter didn't keep it interesting. We all turned it off after the first few sessions and no-one has gone back.

Unfortunately it was a similar case with BFV. Not good enough on launch, loses too many players early doors, and they just never come back. Gambles on 'unknown' battles of WW2 didn't pay off, tweaks to gameplay like attrition widely derided, etc. Game ships in the state it's in now and maybe it's a different story. Hopefully there's enough buzz being generated, especially with Wake Island coming in December to get a good chunk of people back. I still think at its core it's a great multiplayer game. 32v32 breakthrough is a fantastic mode, and a decent squad of 4 can change the tide of a battle. What platform do you play on btw?

Elite Dangerous is fantastic. Not played for a while as my Elite controller developed stick drift. Preordered the new Elite 2 controller and am getting back into the game in anticipation of its arrival on Nov 4th. Bloody expensive for a controller at £160 but makes the game 10 times better.
Just bought this, fuck me it's hard, I'm supposed to scan something to find some encrypted data near the aldrich station. Haven't got the foggiest what I'm doing.

Going to give that Jedi Fallen Order a go on friday. Also has anyone played The Outer Worlds? And if so, any good?
The fact they've not put any demos out on EA Access & put an embargo on any reviews until Friday afternoon isn't filling me with confidence. I really want a decent Star Wars game but I'm slowly beginning to think won't be it.
I home in wrong though.

The fact they've not put any demos out on EA Access & put an embargo on any reviews until Friday afternoon isn't filling me with confidence. I really want a decent Star Wars game but I'm slowly beginning to think won't be it.
I home in wrong though.

They've fucked up every other Star Wars game, Battlefront 2 being a prime example. Though to be fair it's just had a huge update which has made it a lot better.

Just bought this, fuck me it's hard, I'm supposed to scan something to find some encrypted data near the aldrich station. Haven't got the foggiest what I'm doing.

That scanning mechanic is fairly recent. It used to be a lot simpler. I think there's a tutorial for it in the training missions on the launcher. Ive nearly 3 weeks worth of hours just pottering up to sag a and about alone.

Yeah, its a very steep learning curve. First thing to do is do the tutorials. What you playing on ?

Believe me, its worth the effort when you get into it. Even after playing for three years I still find myself searching for explanations for stuff. The forums are good and theres loads of youtube tutorials.

Ill help anyway I can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.