General Videogame Thread

Other than the divisive RDR2 when was the last time Rockstar actually released anything new?

All they seem to do is rehash old games these days.

GTA5 is the highest grossing entertainment product in history. Star Wars. Potter. Pokemon. All that stuff can't get close to it. The online section of that game is absolutely ridiculously big. It makes them billions. Literally.

Sadly that's why new games are a rarity! All their effort goes into that while they slowly build their next big game. Gta6 will eventually come but itll be 2023 I reckon. Then they'll make billions off that online mode for a decade. RDR3 will probably arrive in 2027 or sumat then.

GTA5 is the highest grossing entertainment product in history. Star Wars. Potter. Pokemon. All that stuff can't get close to it. The online section of that game is absolutely ridiculously big. It makes them billions. Literally.

Sadly that's why new games are a rarity! All their effort goes into that while they slowly build their next big game. Gta6 will eventually come but itll be 2023 I reckon. Then they'll make billions off that online mode for a decade. RDR3 will probably arrive in 2027 or sumat then.

Mad, GTA V was a great game. But the online world is a mess. Astounds me how popular it is.

Divisive?

It sum it up technically stunning but it's just so dull.

Just a few observations.

The first thing that comes to mind is the constant inane jabbering on the way between missions. It hardly adds anything and just makes you want to ride on ahead and get some peace and quiet! And by horseback which takes so long to get anywhere.

I really didn't like one of the first missions either where you kill about 30 people. You have one of the slowest AAA games in recent memory where you do everything at such a leisurely pace.

Then suddenly you're gunning down men by the dozen with that deadeye system that just makes the shootouts even more unrewarding. It just doesn't fit with the tone of the rest of the game. Westerns are known for their tense shootouts so I'd liked to have seen half a dozen enemies that were smart and hard to kill rather than just fodder.

I need to go back, ignore the missions and just mess about on my own for a few hours. The world itself looks stunning so I'm sure just exploring would be pretty cool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.