General Videogame Thread

Have you seen the 360hz monitors nvidia just promoted. Not getting one like, still weeping at the cost of my 144hz monitor. I do like the look of the 3070 card though. 2080ti owners are probably crying into their gfuel.

I'm going all in for a 3090, fuck it, it's only money

Throughly enjoying CK3. Have no idea what I'm really doing. No clue how to increase my money, piety or anything like that but I"m pretty good at murdering my siblings and seducing ladies. Oh and when a war kicks off I'm hopeless.

Starting to think it's quite realistic....

Then you'd have to look at replacing the rest! DLSS looks good though. But then again do you need it?

My rig is brand new and top end mate.

That little beast will slot straight in no problems and replace the RTX 2080 O/C that in now.

All jokes aside, im not upgrading to go from 150fps on a game to 200, especially for the thick end of £1500 or whatever it will retail at.

Value will be the 3080 but i just dont need to go there right now.

My rig is brand new and top end mate.

That little beast will slot straight in no problems and replace the RTX 2080 O/C that in now.

All jokes aside, im not upgrading to go from 150fps on a game to 200, especially for the thick end of £1500 or whatever it will retail at.

Value will be the 3080 but i just dont need to go there right now.

I doubt a lot of people will. The good news is the 2080 and it's chums will drop in price.

I doubt a lot of people will. The good news is the 2080 and it's chums will drop in price.

Facebook marketplace is awash with used RTX 2*** cards so many are planning on upgrading. Like you say those doing so need to ensure they don't end up with a CPU bottleneck or they are not sat in front of a shitty monitor at 60hz.

If AMD can finally sort their drivers out the new Big Navi might be the go to card anyway but they have to sort their shit out. I'm now on Ryzen and see no reason to go back to Intel. I will upgrade to a Zen 3 CPU when they come out but i've no reason to upgrade my GPU as of now.

Facebook marketplace is awash with used RTX 2*** cards so many are planning on upgrading. Like you say those doing so need to ensure they don't end up with a CPU bottleneck or they are not sat in front of a shitty monitor at 60hz.

If AMD can finally sort their drivers out the new Big Navi might be the go to card anyway but they have to sort their shit out. I'm now on Ryzen and see no reason to go back to Intel. I will upgrade to a Zen 3 CPU when they come out but i've no reason to upgrade my GPU as of now.

never had AMD as they have always been a bit behind. Not now it would seem. Next PC I build will go that way I think.

never had AMD as they have always been a bit behind. Not now it would seem. Next PC I build will go that way I think.

Same here but these Ryzen CPU's are simply incredible. Bang for the buck, unbeatable. Sure you might eek out another 10FPS for another £200 on an Intel chip right now but when you are sat on a AAA game at 170FPS, do you really need 180? ZEN 3 due out anytime and i think the reported CPU speed increases finally ends the dominance of Intel in the gaming market.

If you think this is hard you should of played CK2!!

But yeah it has a extremely steep learning curve even if it's been streamlined from CK2.

Definitely do the tutorial that explains the absolute basics there is also a really good encyclopedia in bottom right hand corner of the screen which explains a lot of things.

For an absolute newbie start in Ireland 1066 and the county of Munster. Good start as England, Scotland France and Norway (who are the major European powers at that time) are all at war so they don't bother with Ireland for around 50 which gives you a good head start. Main goal for Munster is for the unification of Ireland which is pretty easy and you can do in around 25 years.

In my first game I did this and Norway won the battle of England beating Harold and William the conqueror so I formed an alliance with them and we both attacked Scotland then France.

Take your take and sort out your council. I can't stress how important this is. I spent nearly 2 hours sorting all that out before I even pressed the unpause button. Getting the right people in your council can get you insane bonuses like extra tax and better soliders.

Remember your playing as a family not a country think about the future all the time.

Alliances can be fantastic to help the future of your dynasty but picking the wrong one can be fatal so choose wisely and again think about it carefully.

You are going to fail. A lot. Learn from the mistakes.

Just a few tips but just practice. I found CK2 almost unplayable first few goes as it's so complicated however I just stick with it and then something just clicked then I was hooked.

There are some really good YouTubers who give really good advice and I learnt a lot though their playthoughs.

Quill18
Many A True Nerd
ItalianSpartacus

Really good for learning the game

Cheers for bringing this up in here. I got CK2 in the end and spent most of this evening playing. I don't have a clue what's going on but I finally figured out how to get my army on a boat at least. I'm doing the tutorial with the Spanish guy and it seems tricky - lots of dangerous sneaky relatives to think about.

Put about 13 hours into CK3 and I must saying...I'm really not digging it. Just think I prefer to fight rather than all this other nonsense and it quickly becomes pop up spam.

I like how, if your daft enough to send your army away abroad your local rivals just invade you, but the entire buildings system is pointless. Literally no point in building any buildings, which is totally stupid. A +1.5 coin defecit seems stupid. Id expect this to be a proper relatable number.

I dunno if its the Stellaris in me. But im actually very disappointed. I was hoping for something so much more. Would much rather a campaign of TW: Warhammer over this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.