General Videogame Thread

What a Game Sekiro is. I've never played dark souls heard its solid.

I've never played a game as rewarding.
It's the hardest I've played but when it finally clicks you feel like you've earnt it.

I think I must have tried some of the bosses a hundred times.

I heard "My name is Gyoubu masataka oniwa!" in my sleep for weeks

Haha I might have to give it a try. I'm currently near the end of Demon Souls and tbh that's been a challenge but when u get used to the mechanics and level up it becomes much easier.

Made a start to Death Stranding. Visually it looks great but everything seems quite complex and there’s a lot of information to take in.

Don’t have the slightest clue what is going on.

I honestly bought it on release day spent 12 hours straight on it and instantly sold it on Ebay.

Bored the absolute crap out of me and I was sick of falling over lol

I honestly bought it on release day spent 12 hours straight on it and instantly sold it on Ebay.

Bored the absolute crap out of me and I was sick of falling over lol
Might end up doing the same. Just climbed over a mountain and through an army of BTs... then realised I don’t have the parcel I need to complete the order.

I should work for Yodel.

Made a start to Death Stranding. Visually it looks great but everything seems quite complex and there’s a lot of information to take in.

Don’t have the slightest clue what is going on.
I got lost with it, Hideo Kojima’s split with Konami ruined the second act of metal gear sold 5, now I think I can see why. Some will have some profound moment with Death Strandimg, it’s just not for me. Watching characters whinge etc when I havent had the time to care for them was a bit much.

it will be a year minimum before the game is anywhere near the vision they had for it. I completed my play through of it in December and will be leaving it until it’s fully completed before picking it up again.
There is a trend developing where games that evolve over time seem to do very well. The concept of a big launch and dropping a game that becomes a game changer overnight seems to be dying.

An example of this is Escape from Tarkov its been around for a long time. The technology its based on is from games that have been around even longer. But its more popular now than ever.

I suspect that the technology used in the likes of Cyperpunk is just too advanced - the more complex you make a game the more code and the harder it gets to manage. The console makers want hard core games as they want to drive people on to the new systems and then they can obsolete the old ones. But if people are loving minecraft that works fine on a Playstation 3 then the business model is starting to hit a limit.

There is a trend developing where games that evolve over time seem to do very well. The concept of a big launch and dropping a game that becomes a game changer overnight seems to be dying.

An example of this is Escape from Tarkov its been around for a long time. The technology its based on is from games that have been around even longer. But its more popular now than ever.

I suspect that the technology used in the likes of Cyperpunk is just too advanced - the more complex you make a game the more code and the harder it gets to manage. The console makers want hard core games as they want to drive people on to the new systems and then they can obsolete the old ones. But if people are loving minecraft that works fine on a Playstation 3 then the business model is starting to hit a limit.

Destiny 2 is another example of that. When it was released it was very bare-boned although the shooting mechanics were great and Activision absolutely monetized the fuck out of it which upset a lot of players. When Bungie split with them and went on their own they made the base game free to play, made big improvements on the gameplay like Armour 2.0 and started to produce content players wanted and reduced monetiztion and its now the most played MMO shooter and has a huge player base.

Just shows how publishers can strangle developers to try to make more money off a game

Will this be exclusive to Xbox or likely to be out on PS5?
No one know at this point mate.

It’s clearly very early in development, so we won’t see it for around 3-4 years IMO. Machinegames have presumably been working on Wolfenstein 3 since 2017, the conclusion of the trilogy.

Disney own the Spider-Man video game IP, but allowed Sony to make an exclusive Spider-Man game. So the same can definitely apply to Indiana Jones.

Personally my suspicion is that this will be an Xbox/Windows exclusive and would have been factored in to Zenimax’s $7.5b valuation.

I can’t see Microsoft allowing Machinegames to work on a multi platform title for the next 3-4 years.

But we’ll see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.