General Videogame Thread

im the same , everyone was raving about that game , i played it for an hour never played it again , i was a bit like that about witcher3 , tried it wasnt for me, then tried it again a couple of years later and thought wow
Witcher I loved of the bat, almost my perfect game along the lines of oblivion/elder scrolls. I haven’t played LOU2 either as thought it would be more of the same.

Just finished Beyond Two Souls, a story driven game from the team that made Detroit Become Human and Heavy Rain and staring the voices and likenesses of William Defoe and Elliot Page.

Fantastic game, highly recommended to anyone who likes a good story. Have done a few playthroughs and choices do matter a lot, entire sections you can miss out like blowing up a petrol station and large chunks of backstory, depending on what you do.

Just reading also that a sequal is unfortunately very unlikely as Page said she won't work ever again with one of the writers as she was unhappy about him insisting on use of a full body nude model of her in the game. Shame that, the epilogues set up some very interesting possibilities and, like Detroit, Beyond Two Souls could make a fascinating tv series.

Next I'm tempted to take a punt on pc Chinese rpg Guijan 3 on sale on Steam currently. Only English subs but have heard it is the game the past several final fantasy games should have been.

Last edited:
Each to their own on this one. I tried it twice and just couldnt get into it. That being said, so many people love it and rate it up there as one of the best games ever.
Yeah honestly I couldn't get into it at all. People rave about the story, but I found the gameplay too dull to ever really get much into the story.

Yeah - I know I think the ambition is beyond the resources for most. But there is an epic game in there somewhere - none have fully cracked it yet, some have been very bad. Day Z is possibly the best developed but it has been in development for so long its getting dated.

Tarkov is downloading.
Loving escape from Tarkov.

Took a fair wile to get to grips with it. Its a game where you need to spend hours just to get up to speed, and i'm not yet. But the concept is spot on. Its basically warzone / PvP but with much more strategy and risk and reward. Its a game that rewards the sneaky and underhand players as much as those with good aim. And while it will take ages to understand all the ins and outs of loot and what its worth etc (you trade the loot you manage to extract to build up your character) you can just drop in and run around trying to get hold of something and then getting out. If you make it out its a massive buzz. 3d chess.

Anyone played The Last of Us 1? Have seen rave reviews but is the story really that good? I will pick it up then.

It's possibly my favourite game ever. It has a slow-ish start, but go with it. It becomes an incredibly addictive cycle of scouring, survival and brilliant set pieces. The best written game i've ever played too. Don't look for spoilers and just play it. It is a bit older now, but still holds up incredibly well.

Returned to BF4 for the first time in years and it’s so good.

Didn’t bother with BF5 after its terrible launch but have downloaded it on game pass to go give it a go. Still can’t believe they didn’t bother with the main “theatres of war” from WW2.. talk about botching what would’ve been an instant classic.

Returned to BF4 for the first time in years and it’s so good.

Didn’t bother with BF5 after its terrible launch but have downloaded it on game pass to go give it a go. Still can’t believe they didn’t bother with the main “theatres of war” from WW2.. talk about botching what would’ve been an instant classic.

Roll on BF6. Bored of Warzone now.

Valheim is indeed good fun, first 'survival' game I've not got bored of after 20 mins. Barely touched the actual objectives and just having fun building stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.