General Videogame Thread

I’ve come this far without ever touching Elden Ring or indeed any other souls game. But with it being 40% off on steam right now and having some Steam vouchers from Christmas, I’m tempted. Just really unsure how to know whether I’ll like it.

If I’ve never played a game in the genre before, should I be avoiding it like the plague or would people still recommend going for it?

Do it mate you won't be disappointed. I was in the same boat as you but when u learn the mechanics it's simply brilliant. I've just finished the 1st Act and I'm 70 hours in :)

Took yours and @kippaxwarrior's advice and I'm enjoying it but fucking hell the combat is brutal. Finding myself getting absolutely slapped in a lot of encounters. Need to spend some time really going over the mechanics because at the moment it's a struggle fighting the easiest enemies.

I am loving the story and gameplay. It plays fantastically on console.

I’ve come this far without ever touching Elden Ring or indeed any other souls game. But with it being 40% off on steam right now and having some Steam vouchers from Christmas, I’m tempted. Just really unsure how to know whether I’ll like it.

If I’ve never played a game in the genre before, should I be avoiding it like the plague or would people still recommend going for it?
Do you like open world exploring games where you need to build up your character and face incredibly hard battles?

I’d never played a souls game before but absolutely loved Elden ring and it’s a truely huge epic game. I do however love open world games like Skyrim and Witcher 3 for example which has a lot of similarities.

Do you like open world exploring games where you need to build up your character and face incredibly hard battles?

I’d never played a souls game before but absolutely loved Elden ring and it’s a truely huge epic game. I do however love open world games like Skyrim and Witcher 3 for example which has a lot of similarities.
I love open world games, I’ve just never played a brutally difficult one with souls combat. From what I’ve read about Elden Ring, the fact you can just ignore a boss that’s murdering you on repeat and go explore somewhere else, level up and come back later is what makes me think maybe this is a good entry point into the genre?

I love open world games, I’ve just never played a brutally difficult one with souls combat. From what I’ve read about Elden Ring, the fact you can just ignore a boss that’s murdering you on repeat and go explore somewhere else, level up and come back later is what makes me think maybe this is a good entry point into the genre?
Yeah that element saved me so many times from just giving up. Some of the bosses just left me completely at a loss as to how I would ever beat them. I went off exploring, got better weapons, health and armor and came back later on and beat them. Really rewarding game and though it’s rediculously hard at times, it never leaves you at a dead end.

I’ve stayed away because they are really difficult but I’ve watched my son in jaw on Elden ring and it looks great .

It's a phenomenal game. You won't regret it. Be prepared to die a lot.

It's a phenomenal game. You won't regret it. Be prepared to die a lot.
I took the plunge. Did the tutorial then got absolutely annihilated by some dude on a horse. Now I’m in some catacombs fighting what looks like a big stone cat. I’m absolutely dreadful at the combat, I just hope it’s going to click at some point. The world feels incredible to explore, I just hope my skills allow me too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.