General Videogame Thread

Just got this before I saw your post, within 5 mins it seems there are problems going to see if I can get past it but I might ask for a refund.
Sad as it’s probably the best game out there I’ve seen on a visual level. Annoyingly, I was enjoying it at patch 2.02, then they launched this new one with a bunch of new content I wasn’t really bothered about, which seems to have broken other aspects of it.

To make things worse I imagine the devs have vanished for Christmas so we likely won’t get any fixes now until the new year.

Update on this.

Turns out I was talking bollocks. Sadly the patch seems to be a case of one step forward, two steps back. Seems to have given rise to a number of bugs/glitches again. Anyone thinking of jumping in may want to wait for another update of the latest patch…
That IS disappointing. Was going to buy it when it was released and the negative (now infamous) memes about it, I held back. Was going to take the plunge after hearing it had been fixed, but if you say this update has made things worse, i'm not sure.

Any examples of the serious bugs you can give?

That IS disappointing. Was going to buy it when it was released and the negative (now infamous) memes about it, I held back. Was going to take the plunge after hearing it had been fixed, but if you say this update has made things worse, i'm not sure.

Any examples of the serious bugs you can give?
My gripe was I bought the Phantom Liberty DLC but the cars are not available/working. Reported it and they asked for the cloud save. Later said they’re aware of the issue and looking at it.

Seen others about glitches/flickering every so often on Xbox Series X. I’m not sure how it runs on PC now.

I think if you’re in the base game you’ll be fine but you may face the occasional reload. It’s the latest stuff that may have issues. Personally, I’ll wait until they polish it up again with fixes. It’s always new content where stuff goes wrong.

My gripe was I bought the Phantom Liberty DLC but the cars are not available/working. Reported it and they asked for the cloud save. Later said they’re aware of the issue and looking at it.

Seen others about glitches/flickering every so often on Xbox Series X. I’m not sure how it runs on PC now.

I think if you’re in the base game you’ll be fine but you may face the occasional reload. It’s the latest stuff that may have issues. Personally, I’ll wait until they polish it up again with fixes. It’s always new content where stuff goes wrong.
Cheers mate. I might finally take a punt on it. It's intrigued me for a while, only reviews about the main story being weak have pushed it into 'maybe' territory.

Just ordered this for some extended memory for the PS5 https://amzn.eu/d/jc57hXo

Anyone else done this yet?
Yes, I've done this for friends and it's incredibly easy. Getting the case off is probably the trickiest bit, just made sure you use something that won't mark the case.

There are step by step guides online on how to do this if you want to be sure, but the whole thing shouldn't take more than ten minutes even for the first time.

Tempted to pick up Baldurs Gate 3 on Xbox. Has anyone played it and if so, do they recommend? Looks fantastic but don't really have much experience of these types of games.
It's truly an amazing game but I'll repost what I said about it a couple of weeks ago as the learning Curve is tough if you don't have a basic knowledge of D&D

"If you don't have a basic knowledge of D&D it can get overwhelming due to all the mechanics going on in the background.

I would definitely watch some tutorial videos especially from a youtuber called Italian Spartacus. He's done a ton of beginners guides and they are really easy to follow. He explains it a way which you can understand.

Once you get though the learning curve though its truly is an outstanding game. The choice and freedom to do anything you want to do and tackle any quest how you see fit is amazing. Even Larian have said to see absolutely everything in the game you'll need to do multiple play thoughs. There over 170 hours of cut scenes but you'll only see around 40 hours worth in a normal play though

Easily in my top 5 games of all time already. I've sunk nearly 200 hours into it"

On top of that if you haven't played the previous 2 Baldurs Gate games I would which a recap video of the previous 2 games as this is a direct sequel

It's 100% my game of the year, nothing else comes close BUT there is a huge difficulty curve with this game. My first couple of runs were on PC and I really didn't know what I was doing so I restarted as I was just getting battered in combat all the time. Once you break through though the difficulty though you'll have a brilliant time.

I've also posted a review on the Xbox store front on BG3 as well. My gamertag is cottonopolis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.