General Videogame Thread

Anyone else ridiculously excited that Battlefield has gone to WW1? I love historical shooters where which gun you chose actually plays a huge part, on all these modern shooters every gun can rapid fire and kill anyone from 200 yards, kind of takes the choice out of it. COD4 was the nuts, but it really broke FPS's for a longtime with every game becoming just like it but worse, now they've even gone futuristic with robots and jumpacks and shit and I could not be less interested. I can't remember another World War 1 game, it's always either WW2 or modern/futuristic.

I haven't bought a FPS in a long while, but this looks like it will break that trend. Bolt action rifles ftw
Yea I've preorderdered this... Been waiting for a historically set FPS for awhile now... Sick of the ultra futuristic shite that's been on offer... Kids love it though so Cod just cater for their core demographic.

Bored of the division now... Come on Battlefield 1

Been tearing my hair out on Dark Souls 3, I find it almost impossible. Maybe I am too old. Think I will leave it now. Luckily I only pay 21 quid for my games.
Doom is on pre order as is Homefront. So hopefully they will keep me going for a while. Tried battleborn but just cant get into it.

Anyone else struggle on Dark Souls? Any tips for an old guy? lol

Fallout 4 been the game I spent the most time on over last year since it was released.
Usually the key to DS games is to put the emphasis on defence. Only attack if you are 100% sure you can get away with it and still have enough stamina to block or roll away. Patience is key, you won't kill any boss by rushing, you will only succeed by learning their moves and how to avoid them and when you can have a quick dig or two yourself

Yea I've preorderdered this... Been waiting for a historically set FPS for awhile now... Sick of the ultra futuristic shite that's been on offer... Kids love it though so Cod just cater for their core demographic.

Do do know this isn't a historically accurate game? Dice have said its their re-imagining of WW1 so while most weapons will be realistic others will definitely have a futuristic feel to them. Still it will probably be ten times better than the new COD

I initially heard a rumour about Battlefield being set during WW1 a few months ago, this rumour was then quashed by a few vloggers who suggested it would be futuristic to compete with Cod. I was so glad last Friday when the WW1 trailer was released, I will definitely be pre-ordering this.

I don’t see the attraction with cod what so ever, if I was a kid now I still wouldn’t. I use to love WW2 shoot em ups, with Medal of Honour and the original Cods. Cod is so far behind and is gradually catching up with other games, I find the games quite railed in terms of how you approach missions. They are only just introducing the concept of side missions with infinite warfare. What is good though is there’s a next gen revamp of Modern Warfare, however you have to buy a special edition of infinite warfare to have access to this.

I initially heard a rumour about Battlefield being set during WW1 a few months ago, this rumour was then quashed by a few vloggers who suggested it would be futuristic to compete with Cod. I was so glad last Friday when the WW1 trailer was released, I will definitely be pre-ordering this.

I don’t see the attraction with cod what so ever, if I was a kid now I still wouldn’t. I use to love WW2 shoot em ups, with Medal of Honour and the original Cods. Cod is so far behind and is gradually catching up with other games, I find the games quite railed in terms of how you approach missions. They are only just introducing the concept of side missions with infinite warfare. What is good though is there’s a next gen revamp of Modern Warfare, however you have to buy a special edition of infinite warfare to have access to this.
They will surely sell the COD4 revamp on the marketplace as well, otherwise there will be no one on it and it will be pointless?

Do do know this isn't a historically accurate game? Dice have said its their re-imagining of WW1 so while most weapons will be realistic others will definitely have a futuristic feel to them. Still it will probably be ten times better than the new COD
I didn't lol... I just read about it, and it mentioned it will have a political storyline with it as well and put 2/2 together.

Hopefully I'll be happy with it.
Sick to death of futuristic warfare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.