General Videogame Thread

Anybody picked up Dragons Dogma?

I've bought it but i'm still currently on the long arse FF7 rebirth but hearing good things about Dogma :)

Rise of Ronin also something else I could be tempted with.
I've played the original, it was decent but didn't do that well commercially I think. If it falls below £20 I may give it a try but don't take that as a sign of the games quality, I've just been burned with new releases one too many times! I'm waiting for FF VII Rebirth to hit £40 first. Price of new games is staggering nowadays, especially when more than half are released as unfinished jankfests, I rarely pay more than twenty quid for a game but Rebirth is one that I'd make an exception for and pay that kind of money, the kind of game that almost justifies getting a PS5 for many.

Same for Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth and Star Wars Jedi Survivor, loved the first games but price need to drop! I'd happily hand over twenty quid for either game but have to be patient. I think both have dropped 50% since release, so frustrating that they skim the market with huge premiums on release.

Delighted that my youngest has asked to play Monkey Island, so I get to experience that again through her. Apparently one of the kids at school told the teacher this week because she said there was a three headed monkey behind them :)

Last edited:
I've played the original, it was decent but didn't do that well commercially I think. If it falls below £20 I may give it a try but don't take that as a sign of the games quality, I've just been burned with new releases one too many times! I'm waiting for FF VII Rebirth to hit £40 first. Price of new games is staggering nowadays, especially when more than half are released as unfinished jankfests, I rarely pay more than twenty quid for a game but Rebirth is one that I'd make an exception for and pay that kind of money, the kind of game that almost justifies getting a PS5 for many.

Same for Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth and Star Wars Jedi Survivor, loved the first games but price need to drop! I'd happily hand over twenty quid for either game but have to be patient. I think both have dropped 50% since release, so frustrating that they skim the market with huge premiums on release.

Delighted that my youngest has asked to play Monkey Island, so I get to experience that again through her. Apparently one of the kids at school told the teacher this week because she said there was a three headed monkey behind them :)
FF7 rebirth will definitely be worth £40 I'm currently 80 hours in and only just started Chapter 12 of 14 (I think) The Gold Saucer and it's apparently the longest chapter for a trophy hunter like me ha.

FF7 rebirth will definitely be worth £40 I'm currently 80 hours in and only just started Chapter 12 of 14 (I think) The Gold Saucer and it's apparently the longest chapter for a trophy hunter like me ha.
I really want to get to Rebirth when it eventually comes to PC, but I read that the majority of Remake is simply not fun at all, so it puts me off, since I guess I have to have played Remake before I play Rebirth. Unless I just watch a summary video or something and just go straight to Rebirth if it’s supposed to be miles better.

I really want to get to Rebirth when it eventually comes to PC, but I read that the majority of Remake is simply not fun at all, so it puts me off, since I guess I have to have played Remake before I play Rebirth. Unless I just watch a summary video or something and just go straight to Rebirth if it’s supposed to be miles better.
Strange the Remake was also brilliant imo. Rebirth has one downside to it and that's the shear amount of bloody mini games :(

Pretty sure at the start of rebirth they do a recap of the remake story.

Well,it's officially time for me to think about upgrading my laptop if I want to pay anything modern.

Have an Asus GTX 1060 and it's served almost a decade, keyboard went then the battery went, so it's effectively been tied up to my monitor and keyboard for past two years.

Got a deal on humble choice at 6.99 a months, and this month I can't even play the games I'm getting because the hardware is too old. Good job I'm happy enough with mostly point and click adventure games on PC!

Dragons Dogma 2 is absolutely brilliant.

It's like ke Skyrim on steroids. Playing on a Series X and had no issues whatsoever.

The frame rate does definitely dip below 30fps but only in cities. While in combat the frame rate is solid

The combat is superb. I've already maxed out the mage and archer skills and now playing as a magick archer which are mental!

Only having one save file and extremely limited fast travel doesn't bother me in fact it actually makes the gameplay better as you actually have to prepare to go on missions with the right weapons and potions as you really don't if if you can make to the quest markers and the mini bosses and bosses are just huge and you really have to use tactics to defeat them. Spent over 20 minutes last night fighting a griffin and JUST managed to defeat it and manage to get to a camp site to rest.

The pawn system is excellent as well.

Like I said before it's like a hardcore version of Skyrim.

I'm absolutely loving it

Lara Croft is apparently the most iconic gaming character ever. I would have thought it was Mario just off the top of MY head. Lara is iconic but surely not the most recognisable to everyone? Anyhow its official.

Lara Croft is apparently the most iconic gaming character ever. I would have thought it was Mario just off the top of MY head. Lara is iconic but surely not the most recognisable to everyone? Anyhow its official.

British bias considering it's a BAFTA list.

Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong etc are all more iconic imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.