General Videogame Thread

I'd only ever played 5 and this was because of it being on games pass after I bought a couple of Xbox for us, coming from a PS4, so will have a crack at Primal in my own time when we're not playing together.

New Dawn is keeping us entertained for a few hours and looks like we'll play it to completion. Far Cry 6 though. Meh. Overly complicated when we just want something to settle into without too much faff and patience.

Totally get it mate. Me and the girlfriend coop a lot. Really enjoyed the Gears of War games, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Breakpoint were fantastic. If it's not on Gamepass you'll find a couple of cheap copies of some gems in CEX. Picked up the entire Borderlands series and DLCs for 25 quid on sale. Best coop fun we've had. Borderlands 2 and the DLC is absolutely brilliant.

If you're new to XBox you should be a able to get a free month of Ubisoft+ for you both on each console. Ghost Recon games are on there as well as a few others.

There's a lot of couch coop and online in the 360 catalogue as well that have FPS and HDR boost. Splinter Cell Blacklist has some absolutely amazing coop and is 3 quid a copy in CEX. Looks current gen but was made over a decade ago

Totally get it mate. Me and the girlfriend coop a lot. Really enjoyed the Gears of War games, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Breakpoint were fantastic. If it's not on Gamepass you'll find a couple of cheap copies of some gems in CEX. Picked up the entire Borderlands series and DLCs for 25 quid on sale. Best coop fun we've had. Borderlands 2 and the DLC is absolutely brilliant.

If you're new to XBox you should be a able to get a free month of Ubisoft+ for you both on each console. Ghost Recon games are on there as well as a few others.

There's a lot of couch coop and online in the 360 catalogue as well that have FPS and HDR boost. Splinter Cell Blacklist has some absolutely amazing coop and is 3 quid a copy in CEX. Looks current gen but was made over a decade ago

Nice one mate. Ghost Recon is currently on games pass as I've had a quick go to test the water to see whether we'd like it or not and added it to the list. Gears of war is on the list and I'll add Breakpoint and Borderlands.

Before Far Cry 5 we tried Gotham Knights and were looking forward to the coop but kept getting server errors and so fucked it off. And now that's leaving games pass.

Noted the ubisoft, so cheers for that. And the 360 is also interesting so I'll be checking that out too. Nice one.

We'll be doing It Takes Two for the third time during our Christmas break (we play it at Xmas) which we find good fun sat on the couch together with a few beers.

Last edited:
After some advice, not a videogame question but a general pc one.

My daughter is currently doing a BTEC in games technology and the likelihood is she’ll carry that on to a degree course - it’s either that or an apprenticeship as there’s a few games companies that partner with the college she’s at.

Her PC at home’s an entry to mid level gaming PC that she got three years ago. Rather than upgrade, I’m thinking of getting her a new build that’ll hopefully keep her going for a few years. The two main bits of software they use are Unreal Engine and then Maya for 3d rendering.

Any idea what gpu/cpu I should be looking at? I tend to buy pcs prebuilt from scan but been out of the game for a while now and not sure what’s considered a good build or capable of running what she needs.
If you want something that will do her well for two or three years then you’ll want to go near top of the line right now, likely with multithread (core) power and stacked memory given she’ll be developing in UE and Maya.

That means you are looking at least a Nvidia GeForce GTX 4070 Ti and an Intel i9 14900K or AMD Ryzen Threadripper 7970X.

There are a few companies that make dev rigs, but the one a mate who works in game development recommends is Puget Systems, and they have a decent write up about optimal specs.

There's a game breaking bug in Silent Hill 2. I'm not far off the end and I can't progress.. I won't mention it because of spoilers, but I've tried the guides and looks like I'll have to start again :(

If you want something that will do her well for two or three years then you’ll want to go near top of the line right now, likely with multithread (core) power and stacked memory given she’ll be developing in UE and Maya.

That means you are looking at least a Nvidia GeForce GTX 4070 Ti and an Intel i9 14900K or AMD Ryzen Threadripper 7970X.

There are a few companies that make dev rigs, but the one a mate who works in game development recommends is Puget Systems, and they have a decent write up about optimal specs.

Thank you, much appreciated!

Nice one mate. Ghost Recon is currently on games pass as I've had a quick go to test the water to see whether we'd like it or not and added it to the list. Gears of war is on the list and I'll add Breakpoint and Borderlands.

Before Far Cry 5 we tried Gotham Knights and were looking forward to the coop but kept getting server errors and so fucked it off. And now that's leaving games pass.

Noted the ubisoft, so cheers for that. And the 360 is also interesting so I'll be checking that out too. Nice one.

We'll be doing It Takes Two for the third time during our Christmas break (we play it at Xmas) which we find good fun sat on the couch together with a few beers.

We've tried It Takes Two twice. Both ended with me staring a hole through the girlfriends face because she has the timing of a broken clock. We haven't tried again

Did you ever play A Way Out?

I ended up completing this with two controllers on the go.

It got to the point where I was sent to play basketball with somebody's kid and thought ahead 60 years on my deathbed and realised I can't do this shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.