General Videogame Thread

Really truly happy that it’s reviewed extremely well, seeing as CDPR have been under attack from some fringe woke lunatics online (sadly this has included certain ‘journalists’ like the GameSpot ‘reviewer’ that’s given it a 7). ReeeesetEra have literally locked the review thread because they are in full on paddy mode over it reviewing well, I’ve never seen a single review thread locked on that cesspit of a website.

Last edited:
Really truly happy that it’s reviewed extremely well, seeing as CDPR have been under attack from some fringe woke lunatics online (sadly this has included certain ‘journalists’ like the GameSpot ‘reviewer’ that’s given it a 7). ReeeesetEra have literally locked the review thread because they are in full on paddy mode over it reviewing well, I’ve never seen a single review thread locked on that cesspit of a website.
Not exactly unexpected, when their largest sticky thread is
CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

Pro tip for anyone reading; they aren’t.
Had a quick nosey, and it seems loads of people are losing their shit about some advert within the game, which depicts a trans person with a huge erection in their pants advertising a can of fizzy pop.
Something along the lines of that its the fetishization of trans people.

Or am i missing something?

What's everyone's favorite this year then?

Its been in early access for a couple of years but for me its Slay The Spire.

Not only is it the best Deck Building game its also the best Rougelike game.

Every run is different and unique and even after putting in over 400!! hours into it I'm still finding new ways to beat the bosses and getting cards to synergize with each other. Its that good is now in my top 5 favorite games of all time
Just figured I'd pop back on this and say thanks as I ended up downloading Slay the Spire off Xbox Gamespass and as you say, it's great! Tbf, I love turn based dungeon crawlers and card games, so the combination of the two is perfect for me, but it seems excellent so far, so cheers for the recommendation!

What's everyone's favorite this year then?

Its been in early access for a couple of years but for me its Slay The Spire.

Not only is it the best Deck Building game its also the best Rougelike game.

Every run is different and unique and even after putting in over 400!! hours into it I'm still finding new ways to beat the bosses and getting cards to synergize with each other. Its that good is now in my top 5 favorite games of all time
I hate this game so much. For exactly the same reasons.

It's ruined my life. I used to try different things. All the different things out there. So many places, people, books, movies, activities, puzzles.

I still try different things. It's just that all of those things are in Slay The Spire. I try different cards that maximise strength buffs with Watcher on Ascension 20. I try the defect with that 'return all 0 cost cards to hand' attack, to see if I can get that achievement for playing 50 cards in a single turn.

Last night I tried the Silent again because they've buffed Blade Dance card to give you 4 shivs instead of 3. It was probably the best evening I've had since before Lockdown 2.0.

I'm so sad inside. I really don't recommend this game.

Had a quick nosey, and it seems loads of people are losing their shit about some advert within the game, which depicts a trans person with a huge erection in their pants advertising a can of fizzy pop.
Something along the lines of that its the fetishization of trans people.

Or am i missing something?

Some of the usual 'review' outlets are complaining that there aren't enough people about proclaiming their trans-ness in the game. In short, any game nowadays is going to have some daft criticisms thrown its way. Games journalism has long stopped being worth a jot. Just play it and if you like it who cares.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.