General Videogame Thread

I downloaded discord on my phone and joined a ps5 Stock Uk group. Gives updates on when the retailers are releasing stock. Would never of known without it. Crazy how many people were up at that time all over the UK trying to get them.
Anychance you have an invite I could use?

I was lucky with my PS5 pre order when they first got released, but I do feel for loyal PlayStation fans who haven’t got one yet. This may be a stupid suggestion, but to stop all these scalpers securing majority of the PS5’s when they come back into stock, why can’t they allocate PS5’s to existing PSN accounts? It doesn’t have to be for long, just a months worth of PS5 stock allowing people who have been trying for months to buy one.

Discord and telegram are the way to go to get in quick i had 8 playstations and 3 xboxes before Xmas using them, managed to get loads of mates kids them for Xmas presents.

There will come a point, probably in the next few weeks, when the attitide of 'I must have a PS5 right now at all costs' falls below ability to supply. When that happens there is a risk for the scalpers as they may find themselves with units to shift in a well supplied market. That's on Sony and the retailers to make happpen sooner rather than later - CEX selling on disc PS5s at over £700 is scandalous also. Also noted Game are bundling their stock with an extra coontroller and a cap and whacking some margin on that. Very quetsionable behaviour, trading standards may be interested in some of the shenannigans goinng on.

I do think that Manchester_lalala is on to something with using the PSN acounts - not exlcusive supply to PSN accounts only but surely Sony would want people with existing PSN accounts, who use them extensively, play onloine and so will buy the same games as their mates, and are proven to buy more games (all of which they can easily see via the data reporting back to them from PSN)... those are the users you want with PS5s in their hands early doors. Hell, they even have address and payment details on there, could make to order and even take the money directly, no 3rd parties.

Too late for that now though this gen, just have to let it runs its course for this launch now. By the time I start to think about the upgrade, next year or this Christmas earliest if there are some deals, stock will be plentiful most likley. Sony won't like not having people's money in their pockets already.

What truly is on these consoles that means they are NEEDED now? CP77 maybe? Always seems better to me to give it a few months. Often cheaper, probably slightly revised hardware. In the case of the PS maybe a slim version that doesn't look like a dismembered Elvis Presley.

I was lucky with my PS5 pre order when they first got released, but I do feel for loyal PlayStation fans who haven’t got one yet. This may be a stupid suggestion, but to stop all these scalpers securing majority of the PS5’s when they come back into stock, why can’t they allocate PS5’s to existing PSN accounts? It doesn’t have to be for long, just a months worth of PS5 stock allowing people who have been trying for months to buy one.
Good idea, or at the very least give them the option to buy/pre-order for when they've got the funds to make a purchase that they can activate at any time and follow through as soon as more stock becomes available.

There will come a point, probably in the next few weeks, when the attitide of 'I must have a PS5 right now at all costs' falls below ability to supply. When that happens there is a risk for the scalpers as they may find themselves with units to shift in a well supplied market. That's on Sony and the retailers to make happpen sooner rather than later - CEX selling on disc PS5s at over £700 is scandalous also. Also noted Game are bundling their stock with an extra coontroller and a cap and whacking some margin on that. Very quetsionable behaviour, trading standards may be interested in some of the shenannigans goinng on.

I do think that Manchester_lalala is on to something with using the PSN acounts - not exlcusive supply to PSN accounts only but surely Sony would want people with existing PSN accounts, who use them extensively, play onloine and so will buy the same games as their mates, and are proven to buy more games (all of which they can easily see via the data reporting back to them from PSN)... those are the users you want with PS5s in their hands early doors. Hell, they even have address and payment details on there, could make to order and even take the money directly, no 3rd parties.

Too late for that now though this gen, just have to let it runs its course for this launch now. By the time I start to think about the upgrade, next year or this Christmas earliest if there are some deals, stock will be plentiful most likley. Sony won't like not having people's money in their pockets already.
I've no plans to get one right now, either. Sort of hoping for the retailers to get their act together by next Christmas. When Gran Turismo 7 is released though, it will hasten my desire for a PS5; right now i'm not too excited about the current library.

Anyone manage to get a ps5 from the game drops this time last week? I got one but still hasn't been shipped yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.