General Videogame Thread

Not so much a games question, more a technical one, but I ask here as it is XBox related:

So home at about 6 tonight all excited about England vs Scotland and my bloody Freesat box is acting up (no or weak signal) - its what I use for HD channels.

So after a trying for bit and with time moving on, I remembered the ITV Hub which I have on my phone and iPad. I Downloaded it to my Xbox One, did all the faffing about pairing it/logging in. Trouble is, there is no 'Live ITV' option.

A bit annoying - so will watch the match as if it were 1996 (but widescreen!)

Is this something I am doing wrong, or is it a limitation of ITV Hub, through an Xbox and only box sets or catchup is allowed??

Not so much a games question, more a technical one, but I ask here as it is XBox related:

So home at about 6 tonight all excited about England vs Scotland and my bloody Freesat box is acting up (no or weak signal) - its what I use for HD channels.

So after a trying for bit and with time moving on, I remembered the ITV Hub which I have on my phone and iPad. I Downloaded it to my Xbox One, did all the faffing about pairing it/logging in. Trouble is, there is no 'Live ITV' option.

Is this something I am doing wrong, or is it a limitation of ITV Hub, through an Xbox and only box sets or catchup is allowed??
A Rag with no Sky subscription?...Fuck off, we will have no Clarkies here

You'll need the premium version of ITV Hub, I think. Prime subscription and an £3.99 for the topup channel.

You could try this (you'll also need a freeview capable aerial)

Cheaper preowned option

Won't have the full listings guide though.

Alternatively if your TV has Freeview HD channels available through its own inbuilt tuner then you could get just plug in a inside aerial into the back of it and tune for the channels

You'll need the premium version of ITV Hub, I think. Prime subscription and an £3.99 for the topup channel.

You could try this (you'll also need a freeview capable aerial)

Cheaper preowned option

Won't have the full listings guide though.

Alternatively if your TV has Freeview HD channels available through its own inbuilt tuner then you could get just plug in a inside aerial into the back of it and tune for the channels

Thank you, that is good advice.

My TV has a great picture, but its from Cash Converters and its ten years old, I could feed the aeriel into that, but I doubt it is freeview HD. So I have the aeriel into a freeview recording box, also quite old - car boot sale £10 job! & deffo not HD, but at least I can record on it, unlike the direct to TV option.

Its weird, maybe it is my age, but I still like to 'record stuff' so when nothing decent is on 'live' I have things to watch, I know about BBC iPlayer and 4OD and MY5 etc. I sometimes use them (& Amazon Prime too) but I'm still stuck in my ways, I guess.

But as a solution to my current problem: HD TV for these Euros (when you are used to HD football, it is difficult to go back to SD) that Xbox gizmo looks a good idea, so thank you.

Thank you, that is good advice.

My TV has a great picture, but its from Cash Converters and its ten years old, I could feed the aeriel into that, but I doubt it is freeview HD. So I have the aeriel into a freeview recording box, also quite old - car boot sale £10 job! & deffo not HD, but at least I can record on it, unlike the direct to TV option.

Its weird, maybe it is my age, but I still like to 'record stuff' so when nothing decent is on 'live' I have things to watch, I know about BBC iPlayer and 4OD and MY5 etc. I sometimes use them (& Amazon Prime too) but I'm still stuck in my ways, I guess.

But as a solution to my current problem: HD TV for these Euros (when you are used to HD football, it is difficult to go back to SD) that Xbox gizmo looks a good idea, so thank you.

Check if your TV has a USB port you might be able to record just by sticking a USB thumbdrive (or harddrive if you want more memory) into it.

If you can find the model number of the back you should be able to find out features with a google search.

Decided to take the plunge on the eshop sale and buy breath of the wild hopefully it’s good.

Would be good to hear an honest assessment.

I always think about paying up to get it on the old Wii U but it's hard to get a proper review from someone who isn't a (bias) Nintendo fan in the normal gaming world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.