Generation rent

Hahaha Manchester is booming. Do you know what's happening to the old retail park there

Yes Manchester life bought it - the same people who are developing the scheme you are on. It will be a mix of residential and commercial maybe a new city centre cinema. However that area is 10 acres and for the 35 million they paid for it, it is criminal that it is not being made into a city park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Manchester life bought it - the same people who are developing the scheme you are on. It will be a mix of residential and commercial maybe a new city centre cinema. However that area is 10 acres and for the 35 million they paid for it, it is criminal that it is not being made into a city park.
Just another place for spice heads to go line Piccadilly gardens. I’d love it if they did a Central Park type place and paid entry minimal say 50p each which could go towards some sort of security to keep undesirables particularly anyone in a united shirt out. No dogs either so kids aren’t stepping in shit every two minutes.

I've been in work for 2 years out of uni, and am in the (slow/painful) process of buying currently. Mainly because I've now been offered a job that keeps me in one area for 5-6 years, throwing money into a mortgage at least will feel like I should see some of it back.

The people we're buying from actually thought we were just time wasters given our age and the property we're buying. But we'd just been sensible for a couple of years and each saved a good chunk of our wages for 18 months, created and put in max amounts each month into a HTB ISA and by that stage we had enough deposit for any property limited by the HTB ISA ceiling.

Not sure how confident I am that I'll see any increase in the house price over the 5-6 years I'll have it, but over that period it would cost me around £50,000-£60,000 in rent so it seems a good decision either way.

Well done mate.

I’ve just moved into my first purchased house.

My thoughts entirely on the increase in house price but at least I’m not paying for someone else’s retirement.

Just another place for spice heads to go line Piccadilly gardens. I’d love it if they did a Central Park type place and paid entry minimal say 50p each which could go towards some sort of security to keep undesirables particularly anyone in a united shirt out. No dogs either so kids aren’t stepping in shit every two minutes.

I walk down Piccadilly Gardens and down Market St every day and we seriously can’t have anything nice that’s free to go in, with the amount of degenerates that occupy these areas.

Security, as you say, would be the only way of keeping it nice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.